Again insurance won't pay - Need a new CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ronMonster

Again insurance won't pay - Need a new CPAP

Post by ronMonster » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:25 pm

Last year my insurance would not pay for my CPAP because of the deductibles. I've bought a CPAP machine and I love it but it burnt up. Now I'm using a crappy one off craigslist. New job new insurance this want because of the deductible will cost me $1600 a year. Where can I get a cheap CPAP machine that will record? Ay ideas where I can get a newer model cheap?

thanks
Ron

HoseCrusher

Re: Again insurance won't pay - Need a new CPAP

Post by HoseCrusher » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:32 pm

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:39 pm

how about this one for $250 plus shipping

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/hab/5325327248.html

I have other new and used machines
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:44 pm

Member grayghost is another trusted option...

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:17 am

About the machine that "burnt up"--did you buy it new out of pocket? If so, wouldn't there be a warranty on it still?

If you are patient (and have some knowledge of machine models), it is possible to find xPAP machines on Craigslist that are not crappy at all. The machine I use as my primary machine now is from CL, and it is a later model than the machine my insurance co bought me almost five years ago (eek!).

It helps if you live within an hour of a major metropolitan area and are willing to drive, meet in a public place with an electrical outlet available, pay cash, and walk away if the item is not what you expect. Also, as with automobiles, once the new models come out, the price on last years' models will always drop.

How we squander our hours of pain. -- Rilke

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:28 am

Drowsy Dancer wrote: It helps if you live within an hour of a major metropolitan area and are willing to drive, meet in a public place with an electrical outlet available, pay cash, and walk away if the item is not what you expect. Also, as with automobiles, once the new models come out, the price on last years' models will always drop.
Just to add to that thought: Both ResMed and Respironics have new models out recently and the old machines like System One and S9 models have the price dropping fast since they are now discontinued... look for those models with the 'auto' pressure feature and avoid anything that says Escape. Well, it's a little more complicated than that, but I'm not up to speed on all the 'cautions' for buying used machine. I suggest you ask about specific machines if you need help on the things to be aware of. BTW... Grayghost is a trusted long-time seller here; Friends and Family Paypal is fine with him.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.