Should I update Sleepyhead

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
snorebeard

Should I update Sleepyhead

Post by snorebeard » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:35 pm

I set up Sleephead about 18 months ago, when I became a CPAP user, and appreciate it. Thanks Jedimark and Pugsy for the program and the support. Made a donation...
It took some effort and support to get it working, and it works just fine. (Version 0.9.6 BrokenGL ) Is there any real reason to update or get a new version, or should I leave well enough, actually great, alone?
I am going to get a recording oximeter and perhaps this will require a newer version, but for now I get what I think I need, but may not know what I am missing.

Machine is System One Remstar Auto CPAP with A-Flex

archangle

Re: Should I update Sleepyhead

Post by archangle » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:58 pm

0.9.8-1 seems to work better in general and has some useful new features, even if your machine works with the old version. Probably worth it.

However, I'm a computer geek. You might be sufficiently scared of breaking something installing the new version to make it worth staying with the old version. I think the success rate is pretty good, especially if you use AlanE's latest automatic installer version. http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.