Warning for ASV users with Chronic Heart Failure and Central

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ignorant1

Warning for ASV users with Chronic Heart Failure and Central

Post by ignorant1 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:41 am

I don't know if this has already been addressed here in the forum or not. I did not search, but it is important enough for me to post this nonetheless.

I recently received a warning letter regarding ASV use in patients with chronic heart failure AND primary Central Apnea. Study results have indicated an increased risk of cardiovascular death in patients with BOTH Central Sleep Apnea AND Chronic Heart Failure WITH an ejection fraction of 45% or lower.

ResMed has published information regarding this at the following website: http://www.resmed.com/us/en/serve-hf.html
The direct link for the "consumer information" PDF file is: http://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resme ... F_FAQs.pdf
The direct link for the "Healthcare Professional" version is: http://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resme ... 20FAQs.pdf

Please do not unilaterally decide to stop using your ASV device based upon what I've posted here, the information in ResMed's site, or the opinion of anyone other than your doctor. In other words, please discuss this with your doctor(s) prior to taking any action. (Is that enough liability avoidance or not?)

Again it must be reiterated that the warnings apply only to those patients with primary Central Apnea, AND chronic heart failure WITH an ejection fraction of 45% or less.
“Ignorance” is not pejorative; it is simply a lack of information. “Stupidity” is an inability to utilize available information.

ignorant1

Re: Warning for ASV users with Chronic Heart Failure and Central

Post by ignorant1 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:49 am

There was a reply from somebody, but that post has disappeared. The poster said that this has information has been discussed previously, but now that message is gone. (???!!!)

The following was my response:
Sorry about that! I'd delete the thread if I could.... Maybe one of the moderators could please delete it?
Last edited by ignorant1 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Ignorance” is not pejorative; it is simply a lack of information. “Stupidity” is an inability to utilize available information.

Sticky Fingers

Post by Sticky Fingers » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:55 am

Leave it up. Not everyone reads in the forum everyday.

This forum is more than for the regulars who "live" here.

Thanks for posting.

ignorant1

Post by ignorant1 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:59 am

Good point, Sticky Fingers.

I'll bow out now....