Different masks need different pressures? ASV settings

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tuzacat

Different masks need different pressures? ASV settings

Post by tuzacat » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:07 pm

I am trying to have more than one mask I can work with since there are nights when even the tried and true just gets nuts.I'm on ASV therapy. I am currently using the Wisp, taping my mouth, and using a chinstrap. My Epap is set to 11-12, the Ipap is supposed to be 16-25 but I noticed when I bumped the low Epap to 11 the Ipap low setting went up to 17. At this setting I don't have any weird grunting and have been having pretty good therapy except on the nights when everything bothers me.

I tried the Nano at this setting and started to have the grunts which keep me awake, same thing with the Swift FX. I am wondering about raising the Epap for these two masks and if I do what should be the range? Also how do I tell the clinical menu not to go up on the Ipap if I change the bottom number?

It seems odd that different masks need different settings. I gave up on the FF mask because I was snoring so much at those settings and my Patient Triggered Breaths were scary low.

Thanks for any thoughts you might have! I try to do my experiments on the weekends so if I'm awake half the night I don't have to worry the next day about being functional for work.

Best,
Tuza