Resmed VPAP Adapt as backup

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
CaptPat

Resmed VPAP Adapt as backup

Post by CaptPat » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:30 am

I've found a very good deal on an unused S9 VPAP Adapt while I was looking for a backup to my S9 Autoset. Recognizing that the Adapt is more capable than the Autoset I was wondering if there is any downside to having the Adapt as backup even though I don't need all of the features (bilevel, etc.)?

I've recently started CPAP my wife has been on CPAP therapy for several years, so I'm thinking a backup machine might be a good investment.

TIA

Julie

Re: Resmed VPAP Adapt as backup

Post by Julie » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:27 am

bump

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:53 pm

BUMPITY... BUMP. This is a very tough question about whether it is possible to use an ASV machine in auto-CPAP mode or alternately in Bi-level mode... very challenging because none of these ASV machines were designed for that range of operation. Exception: all ASVs are, as far as I know, capable of performing as straight CPAP, mainly by a specific separate menu selection.

Some PR machines have long been reported as working as pseudo-Bilevel machines, however I'd have to look up that source material since I can't recall it offhand. Anyway, I've got some opinions but will defer to other more capable ASV users. I've tried to use my older ResMed Adapt (an ASV) as a Bi-level and was not even remotely successful. It does seem possible with the various PR models but I haven't really tested it to any great extent.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:46 am

What are your current settings on your AutoSet?
Which model Adapt? The 36007 or the 36037?
I have a 36007 and I just let it do it's thing in ASV mode and I love it (and I never had issues with centrals) but I think there is a way to dumb it down a bit and still have it auto adjust but it depends on what your apap settings might be.
PS can be set to mimic EPR on the AutoSet but you can't go lower than 3 cm.
If you can tell me your current settings on your AutoSet I can see what could maybe be done to get it close with the Adapt.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

CaptPat

Post by CaptPat » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:24 am

As they say if it sounds too good to be true then it probably isn't. CL seller was trying to convince me he had an Adapt, however the model number showed it to be an Elite. Oh well the hunt for a backup continues.