Which battery power for Phillips/Res System One

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
danjfoley

Which battery power for Phillips/Res System One

Post by danjfoley » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:24 pm

I have a Phillps/Responses System One BiPaP. Had it for about 3 years now.

I'm need to buy a battery system for it. I've read the forums here and people are having success with this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DN0KBXU/

the Poweradd Pilot Pro.

However I see lots of bad reviews and lots of people saying they get duds.

The other alternative I see is this:

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/c-100- ... -pack.html

C-100 travel battery pack.

But the C-100 is 3 times as much.

Are there any other alternatives? I want a travel like system where i just plug it right into the cpap power. I don't want to have to lug around some huge car battery or something like that. The thing has to fit into a backpack.

danjfoley

Re: Which battery power for Phillips/Res System One

Post by danjfoley » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:54 pm

I have a series-60 bi-pap by the way.

amenite

Post by amenite » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:14 pm

The Poweradd Pilot Pro was a dud for me. Unless you really need the light weight and portability/compactness of these lithium ion battery packs, you can get along with something more clunky for a little less money.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:16 pm

I was on of the lucky ones and got a good Poweradd Pilot Pro on the first time. I can get 2 nights with my bipap at 15/11 pressures. I don't use ramp but I read where some had to use ramp to get theirs to run. I meant to use ramp but forgot on my first try, and it started right off at 15/11. If I was going to try this battery I certainly would use Amazon so I could return if needed to get a good one.
By the way you can put your machine in your profile by scrolling down to the ones that state 60 series. Also choose the PR System One 60 series heated tube humidifer with heated tube, even if you don't have the heated tube yet.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

archangle

Post by archangle » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:19 pm

danjfoley wrote:I have a Phillps/Responses System One BiPaP. Had it for about 3 years now.

I'm need to buy a battery system for it. I've read the forums here and people are having success with this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DN0KBXU/

the Poweradd Pilot Pro.

However I see lots of bad reviews and lots of people saying they get duds.

The other alternative I see is this:

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/c-100- ... -pack.html

C-100 travel battery pack.

But the C-100 is 3 times as much.

Are there any other alternatives? I want a travel like system where i just plug it right into the cpap power. I don't want to have to lug around some huge car battery or something like that. The thing has to fit into a backpack.
Your CPAP needs a lot more power than that Pilot Pro is going to provide. That's something to power cell phones and laptops and such. Don't be fooled by the 32000 mAh rating. That's probably going to be at 5V or maybe less, not at 12V that your CPAP machine is going to run off of. Unfortunately, they don't give a watthours rating or specify the amp hours at 12V.

How many nights do you need, and what pressure does your therapy use? Respironics doesn't publish a battery guide, but the ResMed power link listed in my Useful Links below may be of some use.

There are some lightweight battery packs available, but you pay in terms of BIG dollars, and in terms of how many hours of run time you get.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

danjfoley

Post by danjfoley » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:30 pm

I just updated my profile so my machine is listed as the PR System One series 60.

I only need it to last one night. It's something I'm going to use for the following two situations:

1. When the power goes out at night.. Happens RARELY, but it does happen.

2. When i'm taking a train ride overnight. Yes they have a power plug there, but it tends to go in and out.

I read that you can the c-100 while it's chargeing and it will automatically switch over to battery when the power goes out. (kinda like a ups system for a computer).

I figure that's how i'll use it on the train.. and at home i'll just make sure it's charged every month or so, and if the power goes out.. i'll take it out and plug it in and go back to sleep.

The c-100 seems to be more reliable, but I see people here saying the Poweradd Pilot Pro works just fine for them (after a possible dud from amazon, which won't be a problem as amazon will send me out a new one right away.. i've got prime even.. so i'll get it even faster).

So far i'm thinking i'll order the poweradd tonight, see if it works. Then if not go for the c-100. But i'm going to need something by May 10th. And the c-100 is also sold on amazon, but it's not prime, and probably take a good week to ship. So if i order the poweradd tonight, I have a week to make sure it works..

danjfoley

Post by danjfoley » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:32 pm

Your CPAP needs a lot more power than that Pilot Pro is going to provide. That's something to power cell phones and laptops and such. Don't be fooled by the 32000 mAh rating. That's probably going to be at 5V or maybe less, not at 12V that your CPAP machine is going to run off of. Unfortunately, they don't give a watthours rating or specify the amp hours at 12V.
It lets you change the voltate to 12v even 19v. There is a whole thread of people here saying it works fine on the system 60. Just that a few have gotten duds and has to return it for a good one.

Also the c-100 comes in a nice travel bag.. not sure how the pilot pro comes.

archangle

Post by archangle » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:58 pm

danjfoley wrote:It lets you change the voltate to 12v even 19v. There is a whole thread of people here saying it works fine on the system 60. Just that a few have gotten duds and has to return it for a good one.
Yes, thanks, I knew that. I doubt it's 32 amp hours at 12 volts though. They say 32000 mAh, but don't specify the voltage that's at, and it will be lower for higher voltages.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

danjfoley

Post by danjfoley » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:02 pm

I went ahead and got the c100 cpap travel backup system. It's made for cpap machines... twice the money.. but i think i'll be better off.

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Power-Sol ... -100-Pack/

raftergirl

Post by raftergirl » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:38 pm

danjfoley wrote:I went ahead and got the c100 cpap travel backup system. It's made for cpap machines... twice the money.. but i think i'll be better off.

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Power-Sol ... -100-Pack/
Just responded to you in the other camping battery thread. I debated about the C-100 for $279 on Amazon. Then someone suggested the Qi-Infinity @ $219 on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N5E ... UTF8&psc=1

Works great with my PR series 60 machine. 3lb. vs 1.6 lb. for the PowerAdd Pilot or C-100, but the size is compact and I saved $60. Plus the C-100 was rated to give me only 1-2 nights, and the Qi-Infinity has given me 2 nights easily at pressure setting of 14-16, and could probably go 3 nights.