SleepyHead download again. . .

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
footballgirl13

SleepyHead download again. . .

Post by footballgirl13 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:41 pm

My older computer crashed last week. I don't believe I wrote down the website I needed for BOTH the sleepyhead download and the other fix it bugs download (perhaps it was a patch) called Open GL.EXE and Broken GL.EXE.

I tried to find some website that shows a download for the OPEN or Broken GL. EXE.

I also now use Windows 8 instead of Windows 7. I don't know how much of a difference this will make.

I did try to OPEN up the link in the box that says "WinZip Sleepy Head Testing 0.9.8-1 Windows 32 bit.zip. But it didn't work. I got an error box.
I am using some free trail of winzip since I can't afford to PAY any money to use it. No job no unemployment. Not sure if the trail version would cause the error to come up.

Does anyone know the website I need to get to so I can download the correct
1. sleepyhead software for windows 8 (I have no clue if this is 32 bit or 64 bit).
2. The broken and open GL.EXE thingie for windows 8
I can find my other post that will show me the website I need so I can upload the pictures. I think it was imgur or something like that.
Thanks

1st half of study:
Total AHI: 18.4
RDI: 29.7
RERAs: 11.3
oxygen saturation below 90% during 0.4% of the time
Lowest oxygen: 84%

Weight
spring 2015: 202
fall 2015: 182 MBI 34
spring 2016: 194
fall 2016:

Papit

Re: SleepyHead download again. . .

Post by Papit » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:45 pm

Google "sleepyhead software sourceforge" to get started with the Sleepyhead download.

PulseOx Data-transfer to OSCAR4-23-12http://tinyurl.com/nzd64gu
Wireless SD Card Data-transfer to OSCAR 8-14-15http://tiny.cc/z1kv8x

archangle

Post by archangle » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:01 pm

Papit wrote:Google "sleepyhead software sourceforge" to get started with the Sleepyhead download.
Do !!!NOT!!! go to sourceforge. Sourceforge has crapware/malware ads on the download pages these days.

http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH is the official home for SleepyHead now, and has no ads. (Well, other than the donate to jedimark link, but no phony download links and no malware.)

It has an explanation of unzipping and OpenGL/brokenGL.

If you need an unzip program, 7-zip is free and at least as good as, if not better than, winzip, however, Windows 8 will probably extract a zip files without downloading winzip.

NO fix file is needed any more. Download 0.9.8-1 version of sleepyhead.

You need to choose the 32 bit or 64 bit version of SleepyHead. That page tells you how to find this out.

Once you unzip the file, try the OpenGL version. If that fails, try the BrokenGL version. The OpenGL version works better, but won't work on some older PC's.

Edit: It's on the sleepfiles page, but here's some help on installing:

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

footballgirl13

Post by footballgirl13 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:18 pm

Papit wrote:Google "sleepyhead software sourceforge" to get started with the Sleepyhead download.
Amazingly, that is exactly where I went to download both the Sleepyhead software. So far I downloaded both the 32 bit and 64 bit. Both didn't
"work". I got an error message in both that said "Potential unsafe file type: EXE". I clicked on "yes" anyway and nothing.
I know I need to download some kind of patch since I remember having to download at least three things and then open them up
with WInzip or 7zip or some kind of zip file. I don't know if I used Winzip brand. Can't remember.

1st half of study:

Weight
fall 2016:

footballgirl13

Post by footballgirl13 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:23 pm

archangle wrote:
Do !!!NOT!!! go to sourceforge. Sourceforge has crapware/malware ads on the download pages these days.

http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH is the official home for SleepyHead now, and has no ads. (Well, other than the donate to jedimark link, but no phony download links and no malware.)

It has an explanation of unzipping and OpenGL/brokenGL.

If you need an unzip program, 7-zip is free and at least as good as, if not better than, winzip, however, Windows 8 will probably extract a zip files without downloading winzip.

NO fix file is needed any more. Download 0.9.8-1 version of sleepyhead.

You need to choose the 32 bit or 64 bit version of SleepyHead. That page tells you how to find this out.

Once you unzip the file, try the OpenGL version. If that fails, try the BrokenGL version. The OpenGL version works better, but won't work on some older PC's.

Edit: It's on the sleepfiles page, but here's some help on installing:
Oppsie! I downloaded it since that is what came up in my google search. Now I remember seeing this exact website (the one your provided above) from last time in Feb. Glad to know that there is a place to download without ads and spyware and malware. Who needs that? And you answered another question I had. I used 7zip last time, not winzip!

1st half of study:

Weight
fall 2016:

archangle

Post by archangle » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:38 pm

footballgirl13 wrote:
Amazingly, that is exactly where I went to download both the Sleepyhead software. So far I downloaded both the 32 bit and 64 bit. Both didn't
"work". I got an error message in both that said "Potential unsafe file type: EXE". I clicked on "yes" anyway and nothing.
I know I need to download some kind of patch since I remember having to download at least three things and then open them up
with WInzip or 7zip or some kind of zip file. I don't know if I used Winzip brand. Can't remember.
The patch is not needed for the 0.9.8-1 version.

Did you get that "Potential unsafe" file message today? I thought that had gone away. It's just warning you that any .exe file can contain malware. If necessary, use a browser other than Chrome.

If you tell it to keep the file anyway, it should save the .zip file somewhere. Did it not download a file? You can't simply execute the file, you have to unzip it. Once it's downloaded in chrome, ctrl-j should open the download window. "Show in folder" should open the folder where you downloaded the file.

If you can't get around the stupid chrome .zip file message, get the files in 7-zip format here

7zip is free. http://www.7-zip.org/

If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:50 pm

Just now installed SleepyHead 0.9.8-1 Windows 64 bit version on my brand new Windows 8.1 computer.
Windows 8.1 already has 7 zip in it because when I told it to extract the zipped file I was offered a choice between 7 zip and regular Windows extraction.
I still got the missing dll message when I clicked on "open gl" file to launch SH...so I had to go and get that file and install it.. Then SH worked fine.

Here is where I got the file that prompted the missing dll prompt
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=40784
click download and then you get a choice of 3 ....I chose the middle one (same one that I used on my Win 7 laptop) and once I installed it no more missing anything from SH.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

footballgirl13

Post by footballgirl13 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:00 pm

archangle wrote:
footballgirl13 wrote:
The patch is not needed for the 0.9.8-1 version.

Did you get that "Potential unsafe" file message today? I thought that had gone away. It's just warning you that any .exe file can contain malware. If necessary, use a browser other than Chrome.

If you tell it to keep the file anyway, it should save the .zip file somewhere. Did it not download a file? You can't simply execute the file, you have to unzip it. Once it's downloaded in chrome, ctrl-j should open the download window. "Show in folder" should open the folder where you downloaded the file.

If you can't get around the stupid chrome .zip file message, get the files in 7-zip format here

7zip is free. http://www.7-zip.org/
yeah, I'm still trying to figure this out. I don't have any "disk" (it is not a disk, but those little square things you put in the CPAP and put in the computer) and I don't have that IN my computer yet - it is still upstairs in my Bipap. So I'm getting another error message that I'm missing Qt5webKItWidgets.dll is missing. I did download it, but gosh darnit - I'm really not on the up and up with all of these websites that "promise" to give you what you need - and nothing more. I just installed that Qt5webKitWidgets.dll and I'm so HOPING that I did NOT download some crappy spyware or malware to my computer. I don't need that crap. This is a brand new computer that I had to get so I can look for work from home and this costs me $250.

I really don't like Windows 8 since the help menu and everything is pretty much hidden (or it looks hidden to me) and I'm doing to keep on working on this for another 5 days. I don't like turning my computer off due to the "log into hotmail or whatever" to use Windows 8 each and every single time you turn off your computer - or if you want to simply update your computer. Got to log in. I'm thinking that this broken Dll file or missing file (even though I just downloaded it) COULD BE fixed - if I log off/turn off and turn my computer back on. I really liked Windows 7.

1st half of study:

Weight
fall 2016:

footballgirl13

Post by footballgirl13 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:01 pm

Oh I am using 7zip. I down loaded that half an hour ago. That was really simple.

1st half of study:

Weight
fall 2016:

archangle

Post by archangle » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:36 pm

footballgirl13 wrote:yeah, I'm still trying to figure this out. I don't have any "disk" (it is not a disk, but those little square things you put in the CPAP and put in the computer) and I don't have that IN my computer yet - it is still upstairs in my Bipap. So I'm getting another error message that I'm missing Qt5webKItWidgets.dll is missing.
You're probably opening the .zip file instead of extracting it.

Extract the .zip file. Then go to the directory you extracted the file into. You may need to go down one more level to find the .exe file. Then run the .exe file.

Unfortunately, recent versions of Windoze will "helpfully" open a .zip file and show you the contents. Unfortunately, that breaks everything. You have to extract the files into another directory and then go to that directory. It also hides the .zip extension on your files and you can't tell the zip files from the folders.

Some of this is explained in my SleepyHead install help page.

Fortunately for me, none of my computers is infested with Windoze 8, so it's probably a bit different for you.

The other mistake that causes the webkit DLL error is if you copy the .exe file to your desktop. If you want it on your desktop, you have to copy the file, but "paste shortcut" to the desktop, not "paste." (I'm not sure if Win8 mangles that as well.) Also in my install help page.

There is a lot of help on the web for making Win8 almost useful.

Drop the "hotmail" login. The safest thing is to create a new user ID to do local login. You lose some of the "new and improved" [cough, gasp, splutter, bulls***] like cloud features like sharing files between PC's. With a new USERID, your old ID will still work if you don't like the "local account."

You can also change your existing account to local login.

There's also a lot of other things on the web about how to make Win8 work a little more like Win7.

Useful Links.

footballgirl13

Post by footballgirl13 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:14 pm

archangle wrote:
footballgirl13 wrote:yeah, I'm still trying to figure this out. I don't have any "disk" (it is not a disk, but those little square things you put in the CPAP and put in the computer) and I don't have that IN my computer yet - it is still upstairs in my Bipap. So I'm getting another error message that I'm missing Qt5webKItWidgets.dll is missing.
You're probably opening the .zip file instead of extracting it.

Extract the .zip file. Then go to the directory you extracted the file into. You may need to go down one more level to find the .exe file. Then run the .exe file.

Unfortunately, recent versions of Windoze will "helpfully" open a .zip file and show you the contents. Unfortunately, that breaks everything. You have to extract the files into another directory and then go to that directory. It also hides the .zip extension on your files and you can't tell the zip files from the folders.

Some of this is explained in my SleepyHead install help page.

Fortunately for me, none of my computers is infested with Windoze 8, so it's probably a bit different for you.

The other mistake that causes the webkit DLL error is if you copy the .exe file to your desktop. If you want it on your desktop, you have to copy the file, but "paste shortcut" to the desktop, not "paste." (I'm not sure if Win8 mangles that as well.) Also in my install help page.

There is a lot of help on the web for making Win8 almost useful.

Drop the "hotmail" login. The safest thing is to create a new user ID to do local login. You lose some of the "new and improved" [cough, gasp, splutter, bulls***] like cloud features like sharing files between PC's. With a new USERID, your old ID will still work if you don't like the "local account."

You can also change your existing account to local login.

There's also a lot of other things on the web about how to make Win8 work a little more like Win7.
Oh thank you for that link above. The one where the um. . .help pages for Sleepyhead. I had to rest my eyes due to horrid eye strain and after 2 hours off of my computer I was able to come back here and try it again. I just decided to download it all over again but this time in "my documents" and I did it step by step like it said. (I did everything else correct 2 hours ago, I just downloaded the sucker two or three times).

This time I go it right and it opened right up. I guess I can delete the other ones on my desktop. I don't need them.

Wow! Amazing. I want to see how I can make windows 8 be more like windows 7. It seems that Microsoft is updating things to make it where people "have to" purchase Word and all MS Office stuff each every. It used to be get a MS Office 2007 or 2010 and it would be good forever . .no need to update it and purchase it each year (like they do now if you use Windows 8 - no more Office Starter!)
Thank you, thank you thank you!

1st half of study:

Weight
fall 2016:

archangle

Post by archangle » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:52 pm

You're welcome.

I use LibreOffice instead of MS Office. It's free and open source. It works pretty good, but sometimes you have to use Office because of working with other people.

LibreOffice will open Office docs. It saves into its own format, but you can tell it to save into Office format. Sometimes, something gets lost in the translation.

Did you get the security warning while downloading today, or was that from earlier? We know that happened earlier, but it seems to have gone away for most people.

Luckily, I haven't had to use Win 8 myself, but there are a lot of posts on other internet pages about how to make Win8 less confusing. Good luck.

Useful Links.