A holiday gift to you

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleep_quest

Re: A holiday gift to you

Post by sleep_quest » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:47 pm

Hello all! I still have clips available to anyone who wants to try them. PM me your mailing address soon because I'm making a trip to the post office tomorrow...

Thewino

Post by Thewino » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:03 pm

sleep_quest,

I've utilized the clip you sent both of the past two nights and it works wonderful. The best part about the clip is that it keeps the hose from pulling on the pillows in my nares which gives me a more comfortable fit. I really like it.

You went the extra mile for me because the envelope from the first shipment arrived at my house as about one-half/two-thirds of an envelope. With only a partial envelope arriving, I obviously didn't receive any of the contents. Therefore, you sent me another set.

Please accept my thanks and know that the clips work even better than I envisioned!!

Warm regards,
TheWino
The wino and I know the joy of the ocean... J. Buffett ***Please do not take any information from my post/s as medical advice. I am simply providing personal experiences. Thank you***

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:37 pm

That makes two of us that got empty half-envelopes. Mine came in a USPS plastic bag with an apology. I got a replacement last week and it works great. Apparently those envelope with the clip inside don't play friendly with USPS automated handling.

squid13

Post by squid13 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:00 pm

Make that three with the torn envelope and plastic bag. It came the same day as the replacement came and the clip works as advertised, does a great job.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

sleep_quest

Post by sleep_quest » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:40 am

Yes, my initial mailing attempts were almost a complete fail...I'm sure my return address is listed on a DO NOT ACCEPT list somewhere in the bowels of my local post office Oops...sorry

poppi2

Post by poppi2 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:31 am

My clips and velcro strips arrived intact on Friday. I use a similar setup that clips to the top loop of my PapCap. I liked the over-the-top hose routing feature of the Swift NT.

Thanks for the gift! Earl

sleep_quest

Post by sleep_quest » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:32 am

So much for a gift...I sent a clip set to another member but I received the envelope back today marked "Return to Sender Unclaimed". It appears that not only did the envelope get mangled, (yeah, yeah I wasn't the brightest bulb when I first started mailing these) but the post office wanted the recipient to pay POSTAGE DUE of $1.83! OMG how embarrassing to send a gift with a balance due!

So, IF anyone else has not received their clip PLEASE TELL ME so I can resend it (otherwise I won't know). And, if anyone else wants one please send me a PM with your name and address. I believe I have this mailing thing down pat now...

d

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:44 am

Just wanted to say a public thank-you to sleep_quest for sending me a couple of these (one for my Dad, who's elderly, not well, confused, and brand new to all of this xPAP business). I'm not even sure Dad needs a machine yet, but this clip has been a great help in my efforts to find out. I wrapped the Velcro strip around the short hose of the P10 that Dad's been using and then clipped it to his t-shirt. He usually doesn't move around a whole lot when he's in bed, but this clip ensures that the mask stays put when he does roll over; there's no pull from the hose to dislodge the mask.

Awesome.
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

sleep_quest

Post by sleep_quest » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:25 pm

You're welcome. I know you are doing a good thing for dad and I hope you're taking care of yourself while you're at it. It sounds like it is quite a hardship.

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:49 am

Hi,
The clips are working wonders for me. I have severe PLMD and toss and turn through out the night.
I used one clip to attach the hose to the bed with lots of wiggle room and one to attach the short nasal mask hose to my shirt and my Airfit P10 stayed in place through the night for the first time and I believe will resolve my leak problem and let me keep the Airfit P10.
Thank you very much!

elizabeth25

Post by elizabeth25 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:53 pm

Thanks for sending this gadget Sleep_quest! It is extremely kind of you to offer these to all of us.
This works just like you said. Instead of the hose pulling on the nasal pillows as I turn over, now it is pulling against the hose further down. Much better!

jim22

Post by jim22 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:50 pm

I just wanted to say thanks too! I made myself one right away when I saw the original post, and its brilliant! I use it every night and has helped me greatly, so THANKS! -- Jim

Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, Swift FX nasal pillows mask

DianeDennis

Post by DianeDennis » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:18 pm

Thank you everyone for your ideas! I actually never knew that the machine was supposed to be lower than your head/bed, I always had it above. Now it's on the floor on an upside down drawer.

Thank you thank you to sleep_quest (if I have that right) for sending me one of your inventions. It works great!

Happy to give you a testimonial if you end up selling them, or the idea to a company.

Have a great, and restful, weekend everyone!!
Diane

DianeDennis

Post by DianeDennis » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:22 pm

@sleep_quest -- If you write "please hand cancel" on the envelopes they'll hand cancel instead of sending them through the machines. Might help. Mine arrived intact, perfect shape, thank you again!!

sleep_quest

Post by sleep_quest » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:49 pm

Thanks DianeDennis, there are already items on the market like it but I'm not in it for the money. I just found something that worked for me, was easy to put together and inexpensive so I wanted to share it with the forum.

And yes, since I had the problems with the initial envelopes I have learned my lesson and packaged the new ones better but I didn't know about the hand cancel tidbit. That may come in handy for something else. Thanks!