Hi guys I'm new here and was recently diagnosed.
I had over 90 apneas an hour during my test, the doc says I broke his record. I've tried searching online but with my current job and university I have very little time so would appreciate and advise I can get.
My machine is a Resmed Autoset S9
I would like to purchase the heated hose and a cleaner like the soclean 2 and also a new full face mask, but I have a few questions.
1.) Is the so clean 2 the best cleaner I can get ?
2.) What would be the best face mask I could buy ?
3.) Where can I get the best price with international shipping online ?
Plus any other advise you guys can give me is much appreciated as I am very new to this. Thanks all.
Best place to buy Mask tube and cleaner
Re: Best place to buy Mask tube and cleaner
This forum is sponsored by cpap.com, so I'm guessing that's a highly recommended place to buy supplies here! On a more serious note, I did order a mask, mask wipes, an extra humidifier tub, and a tube clip from them and I thought their prices were good, they got the script for me, and they shipped quickly. I find their website super informative when I look at it.
From what I've seen in other threads here, most people consider the soclean2 expensive and unnecessary.
The mask will depend on you. Are you more of a nose or mouth breather when you sleep?
From what I've seen in other threads here, most people consider the soclean2 expensive and unnecessary.
The mask will depend on you. Are you more of a nose or mouth breather when you sleep?
Aircurve 10 Vauto, Dreamwear mask, Vauto mode: EPAP min 5, IPAP max 20, PS 6
Usually ~EPAP 6, IPAP 12
Loving Sleepyhead!
Usually ~EPAP 6, IPAP 12
Loving Sleepyhead!
Re: Best place to buy Mask tube and cleaner
Slain,
Really, the best way to keep your equipment clean is with soap and water, disinfectant wipes, and our hosts of this forum sell a pretty good disinfectant liquid: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/Contro ... eaner.html. I utilize this about every six to eight weeks to get the inside of the hoses mainly but use it for my masks as well.
I am immunocompromised and have not gotten sick yet from my CPAP equipment. After leaving the tube, facemask, and humidifier chamber, in the disinfectant in a big pot in my kitchen sink for about ten minutes, I brush out the inside of the hoses and rinse all my equipment well. Then, wash everything with baby shampoo, rinse again and air dry.
I have read on this forum that some have never washed their CPAP equipment but I am not a gambler with my health.
So far, so good. I do have reservations about the SoClean and SoClean 2.
I hope this helps,
TheWino
Really, the best way to keep your equipment clean is with soap and water, disinfectant wipes, and our hosts of this forum sell a pretty good disinfectant liquid: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/Contro ... eaner.html. I utilize this about every six to eight weeks to get the inside of the hoses mainly but use it for my masks as well.
I am immunocompromised and have not gotten sick yet from my CPAP equipment. After leaving the tube, facemask, and humidifier chamber, in the disinfectant in a big pot in my kitchen sink for about ten minutes, I brush out the inside of the hoses and rinse all my equipment well. Then, wash everything with baby shampoo, rinse again and air dry.
I have read on this forum that some have never washed their CPAP equipment but I am not a gambler with my health.
So far, so good. I do have reservations about the SoClean and SoClean 2.
I hope this helps,
TheWino
The wino and I know the joy of the ocean... J. Buffett ***Please do not take any information from my post/s as medical advice. I am simply providing personal experiences. Thank you***
Re: Best place to buy Mask tube and cleaner
You asked about international issues - where are you (we have people from all over who may be able to share their experiences and give advice). It's also important to not use the wrong thing when cleaning your mask (like anything with petroleum jelly or alcohol). Even baby shampoo needs to be checked for ingredients, and dish detergent is generally too 'aggressive' in general. An awful lot of us don't 'clean' the machines in any case - the air reaching you is filtered to begin with (the room air you breathe unfiltered all day anyhow), and it goes straight through the hose (which many of us never feel the need to clean at all) to us, and the CO2 vent on the mask lets us exhale to the breeze, not back into the machine. Wipe the outside if it makes you happy, but otherwise there's no particular need to bother with it.
Re: Best place to buy Mask tube and cleaner
No need to buy expensive cleaning solutions. In fact your equipment just shouldn't get that dirty. My cleaning regiment is as follows:
Daily: Use mask wipes to clean my mask.
Every other week: Remove hose, take mask apart, and pull the foam filter. Wash in soapy water, rinse, and let dry. For soap I use normal dish soap. I've been doing this for two months without problems.
Masks are a very personal thing. Don't look for the "best". Look for the "best for you". This will take time, and probably some experimentation. I started with a full face mask, but couldn't figure out a good way to stop it from leaking. I oftentimes breath through my mouth so I figured I would need a full face mask, but that turned out to be incorrect. I found that nasal pillows with a chin strap were much more comfortable for me.
Daily: Use mask wipes to clean my mask.
Every other week: Remove hose, take mask apart, and pull the foam filter. Wash in soapy water, rinse, and let dry. For soap I use normal dish soap. I've been doing this for two months without problems.
Masks are a very personal thing. Don't look for the "best". Look for the "best for you". This will take time, and probably some experimentation. I started with a full face mask, but couldn't figure out a good way to stop it from leaking. I oftentimes breath through my mouth so I figured I would need a full face mask, but that turned out to be incorrect. I found that nasal pillows with a chin strap were much more comfortable for me.
_________________
| Machine: PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP Machine |
| Mask: AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear |
| Additional Comments: Settings: APAP at 10.5-14cm H2O, AFLEX @ 2, Humidifier @ 2, Hose Temperature @ 3, No Ramp |
Re: Best place to buy Mask tube and cleaner
I'd stay away from the cleaner (use soap and water), buy the hose from cpap.com and look at the F10 (if you can "do" pillows then try the P10). My 2 cents
_________________
| Mask: AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear |
| Humidifier: S9™ Series H5i™ Heated Humidifier with Climate Control |
| Additional Comments: Sleepyhead SW. NeilMed and Alkalol Nasal rinses. Veramyst. AutoPAP 11-20 cms. Started June '14, untreated AHI 31-38, with PAP around 1. |
Re: Best place to buy Mask tube and cleaner
I'd recommend you don't buy the "cleaner." I don't see how it can clean anyway. It's not going to magically disintegrate dirt and make it vanish. It might kill germs, but I'm skeptical about that.
If you're paranoid about germs, buy the Control III disinfectant and use it occasionally, but even that's not that necessary.
Any germs in the CPAP machine came from the air in your room or from your own body. You're breathing that stuff all the time anyway. This isn't surgery where it goes inside your body or medical equipment that gets used by other people. Keep it clean, but it's just not that critical.
If you're paranoid about germs, buy the Control III disinfectant and use it occasionally, but even that's not that necessary.
Any germs in the CPAP machine came from the air in your room or from your own body. You're breathing that stuff all the time anyway. This isn't surgery where it goes inside your body or medical equipment that gets used by other people. Keep it clean, but it's just not that critical.
_________________
| Mask: Swift™ FX Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear |
| Humidifier: S9™ Series H5i™ Heated Humidifier with Climate Control |
| Additional Comments: Also SleepyHead, PRS1 Auto, Respironics Auto M series, Legacy Auto, and Legacy Plus |
Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.
Useful Links.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.
Useful Links.
-
BetterRest_SoClean
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:32 pm
Re: Best place to buy Mask tube and cleaner
Hi, Slair76116! I just wanted to make sure those included in this chat stream understand that Better Rest Solutions (makers of SoClean) do not claim that soap and water isn't effective for cleaning your machine. What the SoClean DOES do is bring cleaning convenience that soap and water can not provide. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out directly! We are happy to help in any way possible. (info@betterrestsolutions.com)slair76116 wrote:Hi guys I'm new here and was recently diagnosed.
I had over 90 apneas an hour during my test, the doc says I broke his record. I've tried searching online but with my current job and university I have very little time so would appreciate and advise I can get.
My machine is a Resmed Autoset S9
I would like to purchase the heated hose and a cleaner like the soclean 2 and also a new full face mask, but I have a few questions.
1.) Is the so clean 2 the best cleaner I can get ?
2.) What would be the best face mask I could buy ?
3.) Where can I get the best price with international shipping online ?
Plus any other advise you guys can give me is much appreciated as I am very new to this. Thanks all.
Best of Luck!





