Not really, gets more "gummy" from mucous. I don't think I'm opening my mouth much, but more the humidity just isn't quite wet enough.ChicagoGranny wrote:Does your mouth get dry?DaveInGA wrote:Dave
Question on increasing moistness of humidification a bit.
Re: Question on increasing moistness of humidification a bit.
_________________
| Mask: Nuance & Nuance Pro Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Gel Nasal Pillows |
| Humidifier: S9™ Series H5i™ Heated Humidifier with Climate Control |
| Additional Comments: Numbers looking good, but sleep time is not increasing, likely due to mouth breathing on nasal mask. |
Re: Question on increasing moistness of humidification a bit.
I think mouth breathing's having the drying effect, not Cpap itself, but you can get masks (in parts, to assemble) from Cpap.com without a script. Nutty, but legal. Why not at least check out the diff. ones out there and maybe something will look interesting. Or at least try taping for a couple of nights to confirm the issue (or not).
Last edited by Julie on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Question on increasing moistness of humidification a bit.
The post viewtopic.php?f=1&t=101623&p=953679&hil ... ty#p949587 shows graphically what you need to change to manual and set each of the settings.DaveInGA wrote:This is probably the direction I'll end up going. Does anyone know, if the humidity is a bit dry on automatic, where one should start with the manual setting to get it a bit wetter?englandsf wrote:Turn humidifier to manual in the clinician's menu, then you'll see temp and humidity on the home screen
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin
- DeadlySleep
- Posts: 372
- Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:30 am
Re: Question on increasing moistness of humidification a bit.
Me too. Isn't it wonderful. What's wrong with average people??? Like grandpa always said, "Your liver - you can't take it with you."DaveInGA wrote:I'm a person who drinks more than the average person
Re: Question on increasing moistness of humidification a bit.
I saw this recently:DeadlySleep wrote:Me too. Isn't it wonderful. What's wrong with average people??? Like grandpa always said, "Your liver - you can't take it with you."DaveInGA wrote:I'm a person who drinks more than the average person
As we get older we sometimes begin to doubt our ability to make a difference in the world. It is at these times that our hopes are boosted by the remarkable achievements of other seniors who have found the courage to take on challenges that would make many of us wither.
Harold Schlumberg is such a person.

"I've often been asked, 'What do you old folks do now that you're retired?'
Well, I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, and other alcoholic beverages into urine"
Harold should be an inspiration to all of us.
Get OSCAR
Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.
Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.


