Are we still allowed...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
preemiern

Are we still allowed...

Post by preemiern » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:10 pm

to post machines we have for sale? I just got a brand new Airsense S10 Autopap yesterday ... Yay me!! And I have a few older machines I'm interested in selling cheap, as well as possibly my S9. I have to decide which machine I am keeping for a backup...but am ready to part with the rest. I am just asking at this time if it would be allowed for me to post them on here, which is why I'm not posting details or prices as of yet.
For the newer people here, I am a member from way back, but haven't posted in a long while on here.
Anyway, if someone could give me some guidance...I would like to see these machines go to good homes for folks who possibly don't have insurance and need a machine.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways,chocolate in hand,body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOO-HOO what a ride!

papman857

Re: Are we still allowed...

Post by papman857 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:21 pm

I do from time to time but they really frown upon it. You can sell your used machines to
secondwindcpap.com and speak to Leslie or Mark the owner. You may not get what you want but it is a good start. There is alway Craigslist as well.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:25 pm

preemiern wrote:to post machines we have for sale? I just got a brand new Airsense S10 Autopap yesterday ... Yay me!! And I have a few older machines I'm interested in selling cheap, as well as possibly my S9. I have to decide which machine I am keeping for a backup...but am ready to part with the rest. I am just asking at this time if it would be allowed for me to post them on here, which is why I'm not posting details or prices as of yet.
For the newer people here, I am a member from way back, but haven't posted in a long while on here.
Anyway, if someone could give me some guidance...I would like to see these machines go to good homes for folks who possibly don't have insurance and need a machine.
Good to see you post again.

Quite a few people offer their "surplus" machines for sale from time to time. So, it's not forbidden.
Congrats on getting a new A10 Auto.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:26 pm

papman857 wrote: . . . they really frown upon it.
--i can understand why.

papman857

Post by papman857 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:30 pm

Who knows???

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:33 pm

preemiern wrote:to post machines we have for sale?
i've never seen word one against *individuals* reselling their used equipment, or posting things they've seen on criagslist.

it's quite understandable that the nice folks at cpap.com would discourage other *businesses* from marketing things here, though.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

kteague

Post by kteague » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:09 pm

Well hello there. I doubt it would be a problem for a long standing board member as an individual to sell their extra used machine(s). Sure good to see you! Brings back memories of when the chat room here was quite a social hangout.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:31 pm

kteague wrote:Brings back memories of when the chat room here was quite a social hangout.
*nudge*IRC*nudge*

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

preemiern

Post by preemiern » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:13 am

Hi Kathy! And Wulfman! And everybody! I still pop in from time to time. I am working all weekend, so Monday I will get out the machines and plug them in to get blower hours, specs, etc.
In the meantime...if any of you old timers know of someone on the forum who doesn't have insurance, is low income and needs a machine...let me know. I have one that I would give to someone who really needs it for the cost of shipping...I just want to know that it's going to someone who needs a machine.
It's great to come back and see familiar faces!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways,chocolate in hand,body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOO-HOO what a ride!