Are these 2 things interchangeable?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Country4ever

Are these 2 things interchangeable?

Post by Country4ever » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:11 pm

I have the old original Swift headgear, pillow, etc. I asked for more of those and the local Lincare sent me the right head thing, but the piece that holds the pillow (and the pillow) are different. She said they are from the Swift 2. I've read they are not interchangeable, but she said to try it. Well, I just tried it and I can't tell if it doesn't ventilate me properly, or I'm just looking for something that isn't going to work.
Any ideas if these 2 things are interchangeable? The Swift original has holes in the pillow, under the nose prongs. The Swift 2 has holes in the bar that the pillow fits over. I don't understand the mechanics well enough to even guess.
Any ideas?
The local Lincare person told me to call their distribution site in Florida. Do you think those people would know any more?
Thanks.

jules

Re: Are these 2 things interchangeable?

Post by jules » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:42 pm

the swift original and swift II headgear are the same - the end cap is the same just different colors if I remember right - the barrel clip and the pillows were changed was all - there was a "patch" kit available to convert a swift original to a swift II basically changing the pieces between the ends of the barrel and I expect that is what you received

this was all before the swift LT and swift FX came around

what parts do you need? what size pillows in particular? and are they for swift original or swift II?

I have the booklet that came with the original swift which has part numbers - it is best to pm me if you reply to this as then I will know to check this thread