O/T Thyroid Meds

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
angeltink

Re: O/T Thyroid Meds

Post by angeltink » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm

You might want to talk to the pharmacist about taking the simvastatin with your thyroid med. I looked it up and don't see any interactions between the two. I do take my thyroid meds with a blood pressure med and have no problems with it. Just a heads up if your interested in knowing.

cathyf

Post by cathyf » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:24 pm

One wrinkle is that some blood pressure meds work better with food, while thyroid absorption is cut way down by any sort of food. I take my thyroid at 6:25am, and I take a beta blocker at lunch and bedtime. I am more worried about my heart rate (because my BP is not bad) and I am specifically worried about waking up with a pulse of 140 in the middle of the night.

deerslayer

Post by deerslayer » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:40 pm

cathyf wrote:One wrinkle is that some blood pressure meds work better with food, while thyroid absorption is cut way down by any sort of food. I take my thyroid at 6:25am, and I take a beta blocker at lunch and bedtime. I am more worried about my heart rate (because my BP is not bad) and I am specifically worried about waking up with a pulse of 140 in the middle of the night.

Dern , I'm just the opposite. Good BP , always low body temp. Before starting thy pill heart rate was erratic

thanks to Nick sleep HQ
Feeling Blessed & firmly believe in The Holy Trinity 🙏

angeltink

Post by angeltink » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:07 am

My BP med is a water retention one with no stickers on it that say to take with food. Honestly, my blood pressure was only high in that particular doctors office who put me on it. I despised her so would get nervous having to see her. I found a new doctor after she put me on the meds. The new doctor told me to just keep taking them since they did help with some ankle and foot swelling I get.

deerslayer

Post by deerslayer » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:06 am

Cannot believe I have been on Levothiroxin since 2014 , after finding my TSH was high couple months back my primary doubled the dose. Has helped my motivation somewhat . Still adjusting to retirement since last November. Have also had my methotrexate doubled. Been on that crap for decades, even so I feel Blessed to be alive.
Hope all is well with the neighborhood

thanks to Nick sleep HQ

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:57 pm

Diagnosed with Graves many years ago now, later when my levels swung the other direction they said oops not graves, hashimotos. I'm on both t3 & t4 which I take with a sip of milk (can't swallow pills with water it just doesn't work). Years ago one of my doctors said if you do it same every day the little bit it inhibits from absorption will be the same so when we get the dose adjusted it will be right. I wait 30 min then do my regular morning caffeine with all my other morning pills like bloodpressure etc. Sometimes that 30 min seems forever. Lol.

deerslayer

Post by deerslayer » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:37 am

Babysnoreless
My doc says I can have a cup of black coffee right after I take , but wait an hour before eating. Whatever works for us. Blood work is the proof. Go in Monday for a second lung function test in a month to see if Brio has helped improve. Cha Ching cha Ching

thanks to Nick sleep HQ

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:37 pm

deerslayer wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:37 am
Babysnoreless
My doc says I can have a cup of black coffee right after I take , but wait an hour before eating. Whatever works for us. Blood work is the proof. Go in Monday for a second lung function test in a month to see if Brio has helped improve. Cha Ching cha Ching

Yes whatever works. I agree! Good luck with your test on Monday !

Muse-Inc

Post by Muse-Inc » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:03 pm

deerslayer wrote:
Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:32 pm
...How bout coffee, that's my first thing motivator when my feet hit the floor
Me too! No creamer, must avoid calcium & magnesium for 4 hours before or after, so my first cup is black.

ResMed S9 range 9.8-17, RespCare Hybrid FFM
Never, never, never, never say never.