learning my way around

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Isabel

learning my way around

Post by Isabel » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:30 pm

I feel so alone because I was given instructions of how to use the machine and nothing else. The person I was dealing with was answering the phones and dealing with walkings at the same time. Hard to get the info when there were other things going on. I was given the mask and told this was the one i would be using.It was also a VERY long drawn out process. Diagnosed in begining of July and just got the machine Thursday Aug. 21st.

BlackSpinner

Re: learning my way around

Post by BlackSpinner » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:35 pm

I hope you chose the wrong machine because what you have in you list is an old brick which won't help you control your therapy.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:49 pm

Isabel;

You should clarify which machine you are using.
Remove the humidifier tank, then turn the machine upside down and look at the label on the bottom.
You are looking for a 3 digit code that follows the letters like DS or REF.
The machine you are showing is the model DS250, a one generation back model.
You might see a code like DS260, or 460 or 560 if the machine is the current generation one.

The DS260 is "REMstar Plus C-Flex"
The DS460 is "REMstar Pro C-Flex+"

When you get the exact model number, either change your equipment selection or post it in text and we'll tell you which one to select on the equipment list.
We hope you have something like the DS460 as it will give you better therapy data to help manage your therapy.

Have you had a chance to get a copy of your sleep study reports. They will have very helpful information concerning pressure settings, etc. if you had a titration study.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

Isabel

Post by Isabel » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:02 pm

No I have not gotten a copy of the report. I did not know I should I do not see the Dr again until Oct. and that is for a normal visit and bloodwork. I did not know to get a copy of the script either. the lab where I got the test done has not been very helpful and took 2 weeks to contact the Dr with the results and did not send the complete results so they had to get them resent.

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:46 pm

You can call the Doctor's office and ask for the reports. The staff can get it for you. They will likely ask you to fill out a form giving them permission to give you the report. You don't have to see the doctor to get a copy.

Did you figure out which machine you have?

Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.

RicaLynn

Post by RicaLynn » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:23 pm

JDS74 wrote:You can call the Doctor's office and ask for the reports. The staff can get it for you. They will likely ask you to fill out a form giving them permission to give you the report. You don't have to see the doctor to get a copy.
^^^ this. The report is a part of YOUR medical record, which you can obtain upon request from the provider's staff, no doctor's visit required.

Isabel

Post by Isabel » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:14 am

My machine I could not find listed it is a REMstar Auto A-Flex. Also my software is sleepmapper.

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:41 am

Isabel,

On the bottom of the machine, does it say DS560 on the label?
Make sure you remove the humidifier tank before looking so you don't get water in the machine itself.

Isabel

Post by Isabel » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:04 am

I will check tonight.

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:08 am

if it is the DS560, you have a great machine with all the data.

Isabel

Post by Isabel » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:13 am

got it FINALLY

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:11 am

I think you have the 560 machine but the machine you have now chosen is the 550 machine because the humidifier you chose is for a 60 series machine and won't work with the 550 (50 series machine).

That's why we keep asking for the model number so we can help you figure out exactly which model you have.
The 550 model was replaced by the 560 model a couple of years ago. While it wouldn't be impossible for someone to supply you with an older model......most DMEs would have only the current model.

Remstar....that's part of all the machines names..and it's a useless feature name since all their machines since time began uses Remstar.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Isabel

Post by Isabel » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:00 am

This is what the bottom of my machine says
DS6HFGL
System one HTD Humid Dom

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:34 am

That's the humidifier.
But that's a 60 series humidifier I think and that means your blower has to be a 60 series blower....should be 560 on a little sticker on the bottom of the blower. Might have DS or REF in front or behind it.

If the 560 blower then this would be the correct choice in the equipment menu.
PR System One 60 Series Auto CPAP
The humidifier choice is of course
PR System One 60 Series heated tube humidifier with heated tube ...even if you don't have the optional heated hose at this time.

If you could change your equipment viewing to text instead of icony it would help us out a little. Text is easy to spot the models with words and with the images which are tiny we can't see which model unless we click on the link or hover over it and know to look for tiny words at the bottom of our screens.

The 560 is a great machine with some additional features that the 550 didn't have. When we know exactly which model you are using then we can better tailor our responses to help you out in the event you run into trouble with your equipment.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

sc0ttt

Post by sc0ttt » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:42 am

Pugsy wrote:That's the humidifier.
But that's a 60 series humidifier I think and that means your blower has to be a 60 series blower....should be 560 on a little sticker on the bottom of the blower. Might have DS or REF in front or behind it.
Like this: