Attaching Philips Nuance to ResMed S9 - Help!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Xtina

Attaching Philips Nuance to ResMed S9 - Help!

Post by Xtina » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:04 am

It doesn't fit to the resmed hose. I just got it today because my Quatro was irritating my face. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong. This is only my second week with a Cpap. The respiratory therapist said this would fit the machine.

archangle

Re: Attaching Philips Nuance to ResMed S9 - Help!

Post by archangle » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:47 am

There's probably the mask itself, a "short tube," and a connector/swivel on the other end. The short hose attaches to the mask, the swivel/connector goes on the other end, and the "regular" CPAP hose connects to the swivel. Do you have all these parts? The regular CPAP hose probably doesn't attach directly to the mask.

BTW, how does it "not fit?" Is the end of the hose too loose, too tight, falls off, etc.?

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

archangle

Post by archangle » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:56 am

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

big_dave

Post by big_dave » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:10 am

The Mirage Quattro has a grey hard plastic piece that connects the mask elbow to the hose. I've found that it fits to the hose very tightly, so it's easy to mistake it for part of the hose. I only use the Quattro if I'm congested. I have to pry at the end of the hose with my fingertips to get it loose when switching to a different mask.

ubnoxus

Post by ubnoxus » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:49 am

I have a Resmed machine and the Nuance pro mask, the regular tubing and slimline tubing both fit the mask. Hose slips on the end of the short tube same as the mirage does.
Using Tapatalk

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:08 am

I suspect that the little connector for the Quattro has got stuck in the Resmed hose. Happens all the time and people don't realize that it should be stuck on the mask and not the hose.

The Nuance short hose assembly will fit on the ResMed long hose (either regular, slimline or Climateline) as long as any adapters aren't stuck in the long hose.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.