0 events

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sclark08

0 events

Post by Sclark08 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:23 am

Is it possible to have a night with 0 events or is somethin g wrong with my machine??? I slept 6 hours and machine recorded that

zoocrewphoto

Re: 0 events

Post by zoocrewphoto » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:31 am

Sclark08 wrote:Is it possible to have a night with 0 events or is somethin g wrong with my machine??? I slept 6 hours and machine recorded that

It is possible. In 2 years, I have had two. One was a really short night, and one a regular night. There are also times when the machine gets stuck on zero. The solution is to turn off the machine, unplug, wait a few minutes and plug back in again.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Sclark08

Post by Sclark08 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:39 am

Will do. Thanks

archangle

Post by archangle » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:47 am

I often get zero events for some nights. The "stuck at zero" problem is real, but sometimes "zero events" is real, too. I usually get one or two events per night.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

Sclark08

Post by Sclark08 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Maybe it is real and I should just be happy rather than worrying. I unplugged the machine and plugged it back in hoping that if it was stuck it would get unstuck. If another one happens tonight I will assume it's the machine. I am on a lease pay off through Medicare so I can just get another. Think Ill go back to PR System 1. It just seemed more sturdy and less complex to me. There is something to be said for that. Thanks

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:27 pm

I don't get AHI 0.0 very often but when I do I just smile and pat myself on the back.
Couple of weeks ago I had 3 nights in a row with 0.0. Now THAT is unusual so I went ahead and did the unplug thing just in case.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:07 pm

Don't forget that when you see "0 events", that doesn't mean that you had 0 events, it means that there were no events that your CPAP didn't handle. You don't see the events that your CPAP machine has prevented, only the ones that it wasn't able to prevent. It is a nice warm feeling to see that AHI at 0, though, I don't get that these days. Too many centrals for that ever to happen. Even if I get no recorded OSA's, I'll still have a few centrals.

So great, enjoy it!

DKC_apnea

Post by DKC_apnea » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:12 pm

Was on CPAP for about 2 months and got my first AHI of 0.0 and was quite surprised. Heard it was possible but never dreamed I'd actually do it. All the other data looked legit, so I thought I had zero events. Well once I upgraded from SH v0.9-3 that one night of 0.0 changed to an AHI of 3.81 with 24 events. Not sure why it missed those events that day. Anyway, I'm still dreaming of getting that elusive 0.0.

deerslayer

Post by deerslayer » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:25 pm

High Five....Jus savor the moment.. Like hitting the Lottery

thanks to Nick sleep HQ
Feeling Blessed & firmly believe in The Holy Trinity 🙏

Sclark08

Post by Sclark08 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:46 pm

Just took a 15 min lay down . Checked the card and it showed the whole circle was CA and in that 15 min I had 3 CAs with an AHI of 12? Please explain

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:34 pm

Sclark08 wrote:Is it possible to have a night with 0 events or is somethin g wrong with my machine??? I slept 6 hours and machine recorded that
you'd have to go into the data and look at the breathing waveform to be sure.

it's possible you had some events that were too short for the machine to go 'ah-hah!' and score it.

I looked at another users data a few days ago, when his machine told him he was 0 events, he had several obstructive apneas, you could see on on the mask pressure graph were the machine even started doing it's vibrating thing to see if it was obstrucive or central, but then he'd start breathing before it went on long enough to count...

the next night, he came up with a .2 ahi, and stopped doubting his machine

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:35 pm

RogerSC wrote:Don't forget that when you see "0 events", that doesn't mean that you had 0 events, it means that there were no events that your CPAP didn't handle.
that's not quite correct, unless you have an ASV, like the vpap adapt or the prs1 bipap autosv.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

SleepyToo2

Post by SleepyToo2 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:39 pm

It is nice to get zero events, isn't it. I had my first zero in 5 years last night. I do have to take a look at the flow-chart to see if it really was zero. I unplugged the machine this morning anyway, so we'll see what I get tonight! Anyway, I still felt that I hadn't got enough sleep - I had taken quite a while to fall asleep. Oh well, the cpap can't fix everything!

tortoisegirl

Post by tortoisegirl » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:08 pm

Sclark08 wrote:Just took a 15 min lay down . Checked the card and it showed the whole circle was CA and in that 15 min I had 3 CAs with an AHI of 12? Please explain
AHI is an average. If the trend of 3 events in a 15 minute period had continued for an hour, that would be 12 events (4*3). Also, it is possible they weren't even real centrals, and were just at the onset of sleep. Best wishes.

Sclark08

Post by Sclark08 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:50 am

I think you nailed it tortoise! I do have COPD and I do realise CPAP can't fix everything.
I am going Thursday to pick up my new mask. Airfit f10 FF. Hope it takes care of my leaks cause that is really my biggest issue. Leaks will cause incorrect data