Bilevel vs AutoB

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pdeli

Bilevel vs AutoB

Post by pdeli » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:50 pm

My PR BiPap Auto Biflex 760P has three "mode" settings. Two are "Bilevel and another is AutoB. What are the distinctions.

Phil

RandyJ

Re: Bilevel vs AutoB

Post by RandyJ » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:27 pm

Bilevel is where you set EPAP and IPAP and they are fixed throughout the night. Auto-Bilevel is where you set a range for IPAP and a pressure support (max difference between EPAP and IPAP). The 760 will start out with a default PS of 2, but will range based on events and your setting.

Alt masks Swift FX pillows, Mirage FX nasal mask, Mirage Quattro full face mask

pdeli

Post by pdeli » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:21 pm

Okay, so my goal last night was to see if my very dry mouth was actually coming from leakage as a result of my mouth opening. So I taped my mouth (yeah I know that's not something I want to generally do.)

Since my pressure values were flat all night, I'm assuming that I accidentally set the Mode at BiLevel instead of AutoB. I intentionally set the humidity at 2 in order to isolate the the results of the air pressure as respects dry mouth.

My mouth was kind of dry this AM, but not nearly as dry as previously when I had a humidity setting of 5. I'll re-test tonight with the mode set on AutoB.

New question: what is the significance of the BiFlex 1,2,3 settings?

Phil

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:27 pm

pdeli wrote: New question: what is the significance of the BiFlex 1,2,3 settings?
Comfort.

http://biflex.respironics.com/

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

pdeli

Post by pdeli » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:15 pm

Comfort? Is that more air? Less Air? Warm Air? I don't get it.

Phil

pdeli

Post by pdeli » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:17 pm

Okay, I read the PR description, but it seems to me to be a minor adjustment, true?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:44 pm

pdeli wrote:Okay, I read the PR description, but it seems to me to be a minor adjustment, true?

I have had a chance to try all the different Flex exhale relief options. IMHO....they are all very minor changes or adjustments. Some I liked and some I didn't.
But for some people what I might feel is "minor"....someone else may feel that the impact on comfort and ease of breathing is huge...so it all goes back to what one person feels and how it impacts him or her.

Comfort is a big part of the chance of success or failure of this therapy.
Be it mask comfort or just general breathing comfort.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

pdeli

Post by pdeli » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:13 pm

Thanks.

I'm guessing that this has all come up more than a few times before, but I'm feeling like I'm getting closer and closer to the point where I can pretend to be intelligent here. I greatly appreciate all of your help.

So having said that, I have a few more questions about the SH data: Leaks, what's this graph mean? I can see that the top line is the total, but total of what? And what is the importance of this?

Flow Rate: If I actually need to care about this, what am I seeing?

My last appointment with a respiratory therapist was pretty much of a disaster. She was annoyed that I wanted to ask some questions, and to my question "can you explain the general meaning of "Pressure Support"? Her snippy answer was "It supports pressure". So that was very helpful (and unexpected), and it was all basically downhill from there as she just rolled out all the reasons that she could not teach me to do her job. So I packed up all my crap and we left.

Later I emailed the Doc (who I've never met, but have talked to about five times) and explained the rudeness and the insulting nature of the handling of the situation.

So now I have a 45 min face to face appointment with the Doc (who I understand is actually quite pleasant) coming up in early Feb "to answer my questions". My plan is to haul out my laptop with my Sleephead stuff and go over all the data. In preparation for this, I need to make lots of notes on what changes I've made along the way. It would be helpful if I was reasonably familiar with as many of these otherwise meaningless and confusing terms as possible. My wife will be with to keep me on track (if possible).

Moving right along ........

Phil

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:25 pm

pdeli wrote:So having said that, I have a few more questions about the SH data: Leaks, what's this graph mean? I can see that the top line is the total, but total of what? And what is the importance of this?
How far have you gotten into the "understanding your data" tutorial that I composed? Have you see it?
viewtopic/t88983/Pugsys-PointersSleepyH ... nding.html

EncoreGuide link this will show you examples of what you will see. For a different machine than yours but the basics are the same.
http://www.healthcare.philips.com/pwc_h ... _Guide.pdf

Between my little tutorial and the Encore guide I think that most of the basics are covered and that includes understanding the leak data.

pdeli

Post by pdeli » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:55 pm

Tomorrow, first thing.

Phil

pdeli

Post by pdeli » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:08 pm

It turns out that I had previously seen your tutorial and had tried to produce a printed copy to read more easily than on the computer. Unfortunately neither my attempt to copy it over to a Word document or to print it directly, would produce any of the graphs.

Am I doing something wrong is this just the way it is?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:30 pm

I have never tried to print out anything that I have composed....don't even own a working printer.
The graphs are all jpg images...so they should print like any photo though. They are going to be totally separate from any text though.

I think your text issue is probably related to forum board format vs trying to change it to some sort of word document. They don't play nice together. We have other issues when trying to merge tables with this board format. It is what it is unfortunately...not perfect but suits most people's needs.