SIM Card Woes

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
imfletch

SIM Card Woes

Post by imfletch » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:55 pm

Perhaps I have accidentally changed a setting, but I sure can't find it.
For eight months, when I put my SIM card back in (after a trip to the computer for downloading to sleepyhead), my ResMed AutoSet S9 would show "Reading Card". Now, suddenly, every time I put the card in, a screen comes up asking if I want to erase the card. If I say "no," it tells me to remove the card. So, I say yes and the screen shows "erasing card."
It doesn't really matter because the data exists on SleepyHead, but I'm wondering what (and how) I changed things.
Jim Fletcher

Reach me at: imfletch@mediacombb.net

teleute

Re: SIM Card Woes

Post by teleute » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:07 pm

From what I've read, the Resmed machines are more sensitive to non-Resmed data being on the card. It sounds like perhaps a non-Resmed file got on the card, so it's trying to format it back to standard, basically. Have you always locked the card before inserting it into your computer? Some OS's will write little hidden files to removable media in certain circumstances if it's not locked.

Additional Comments: Pressure 10.5-14

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:10 pm

imfletch wrote:Perhaps I have accidentally changed a setting, but I sure can't find it.
For eight months, when I put my SIM card back in (after a trip to the computer for downloading to sleepyhead), my ResMed AutoSet S9 would show "Reading Card". Now, suddenly, every time I put the card in, a screen comes up asking if I want to erase the card. If I say "no," it tells me to remove the card. So, I say yes and the screen shows "erasing card."
It doesn't really matter because the data exists on SleepyHead, but I'm wondering what (and how) I changed things.
Review this thread. Your answer may be there.

viewtopic/t94905/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=94 ... 67#p874567

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:10 pm

Maybe you just need to get a new card. They are really cheap.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal