OSA & Frequent urination during the night

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
muchojo

Re: OSA & Frequent urination during the night

Post by muchojo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:31 pm

I had the opposite, rare urination even during daytime (water retention) only had to go in the morning or when evacuating. Had Three or Four bed-wetting episodes in one year ( 2003 - 2004 ) until I went on Cholesterol Treatment and started Using CPAP in October 2004. Then no more water retention ( felt like the water level up to my neck previously ) and as soon as I drank water within 30 minutes to 60 minutes I cycle it out. I drink all day cause I am on the phone all day and my mouth gets so dry from talking.

The Doctors don't know why that could happen, or they don't care.

hueyville

Re: OSA & Frequent urination during the night

Post by hueyville » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:58 pm

TMcK, AHI of 50 is bad but not terrible for some of us. I have had weeks with average above that. 1st trip to sleep lab i threw 96 during 1st half of a split study and once they began 2nd half titration they got it down to 54. 2nd sleep study with full night for tech to play w the knobs, at the highest pressure they could keep mask on AHI was 28. They got pressure up to 19 before masks kept severely leaking or blowing off my face. Now experimenting with different masks, chin straps, slowly raising pressure I am up to 22 cmH2O and feel a bit begger with AHI's swinging from 12 to 92. No idea how all controllable stuff stay same but AHI flipping around like a fish just pulled out of the water. Every measurment is spinning like a top with no rhyme or reason.

Now to original topic. I stop taking in liquids at 7:00 pm. Before was great that bathroom was on-suite as a minimum dozen trips to toiletper night. Though cpap therapy all over the map my restroom trips down to max of 4 per night which a couple are more of an excuset take my mask off and wander while I give my body a break from my mask and other cpap issues. Darn good topic.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth