prevent sores bridge of nose

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Ellen

prevent sores bridge of nose

Post by Ellen » Thu May 25, 2006 8:19 am

Have posted this before but bears repeating.

Have found the answer (for me) to prevent mask from digging into bridge of nose - I know for many of us "pappers", that's sometimes reason enough to have to stop using CPAP - at best, it is painful and obnoxious.

I have learned if I use the BandAid brand called ACTIV -FLEX Premium Adhesive Bandages - 360 degree flexibility moves with you -

Trim the ends to fit your nose before removing backing........

These can be reused and reused if when you take off in the am you stick it to the back of something plastic - then when it gets where it won't stick anymore, just moisten the back enough to stick again - can be used over and over

I point this out because they are rather expensive band- aids, but I have been able to continue CPAP (after healing up a very nasty and infected sore across the bridge of nose) because of these.

Between the BandAids helping heal my nose and now PREVENTING more sores and the NoseBreathe preventing mouth breathing 100% -

I CAN SAY NOW THAT I LOOK FORWARD TO MASKING UP

I LOOK FORWARD TO A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP

I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CUT DOWN OTHER MEDICATIONS

THE PAIN IN BACK AND NECK HAVE IMPROVED SIGNIFICANTLY

And to think, I've only been on CPAP since 4/4/06 and spent the first 3 weeks fighting either the mask or the machine...............

Thank you so much to all those on this forum who helped me through the worst part of this................

HAPPY PAPPER IN WYOMING

Ellen

PS - Thanks also to Pad-A-Cheek Karen who makes all the wonderful covers that make "papping" so much more comfortable

Check out her new forehead piece covers - they are wonderful - just like all her products

Ellen

sore on bridge of nose

Post by Ellen » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:58 pm

Have found an even better fix than previous post for sore on bridge of nose. Same type of band aid as above but is called
BAND-AID
Advanced Healing
BLISTER

There are only 6 to a box but can be trimmed (prior to peeling off backing) for a custom fit (to your very own personal nose!!!). I can get appx 3 weeks usage out of each one by storing it while not in use on a plastic laminate backing (not the sticky side) - I put it in nightstand each am and take it out each pm - wash area before applying - moisten with water and lay across bridge of nose before "masking up" -

I find these to be the next best thing to sliced bread!!! (or to my NoseBreathe dental appliance which absolutely love!!!

Cheers to you with sore bridges!!!!!!!!!

Happy Papper in Wyoming
Ellen

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:04 pm

Thanks, Ellen. Those are the kind of tips and tricks that often make the difference in someone being able to actually "do" this kind of inherently uncomfortable treatment, or having to quit.

Good suggestions!