I'm a relative newbie to all this. I've had my machine and mask a little less than a month. Recently I've been waking up in the middle of the night with the hose getting kinked, or I'm laying on it or it gets caught around the edge of my nightstand all of which means there's not much air blowing at me. Obviously that's not doing me any good.
Any tips on dealing with this and/or preventing it?
Thank you.
Hose keeps getting kinked at night
- Constance702
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:44 pm
Re: Hose keeps getting kinked at night
Check out the various methods for managing the hose with some sort of hose hanger system.
Rested Gal's collection of various discussions all in one place.
viewtopic.php?t=10640
You can buy one or make one.
I don't use one so can't speak from personal experience but a lot of forum members do use some sort of hose management system to keep the hose up and away and I imagine they will chime in on what works well for them.
Rested Gal's collection of various discussions all in one place.
viewtopic.php?t=10640
You can buy one or make one.
I don't use one so can't speak from personal experience but a lot of forum members do use some sort of hose management system to keep the hose up and away and I imagine they will chime in on what works well for them.
_________________
| Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier |
| Additional Comments: Mask Bleep Eclipse https://bleepsleep.com/the-eclipse/ |
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.
Re: Hose keeps getting kinked at night
A lot depends on which way your hose is designed to route - over your head, or down toward your feet. Mine goes over my head, so that is where I put a little hook on the wall behind the bed, with a rubber band or bungee cord to hold the cord.
_________________
| Mask: Mirage Activa™ LT Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear |
| Additional Comments: pressure 10-12 |
- ChicagoGranny
- Posts: 15534
- Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:43 pm
- Location: USA
Re: Hose keeps getting kinked at night
The hoses I use (standard hoses) are pretty rigid and will not collapse due to a kink - the air keeps blowing as designed. I guess if the hose was underneath me it might collapse.all of which means there's not much air blowing at me.
I don't have a need to use a hose management system, but here are two popular ones that our host sells:
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/HoseBu ... ystem.html
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/travel ... ystem.html
Good luck.
"It's not the number of breaths we take, it's the number of moments that take our breath away."
Cuando cuentes cuentos, cuenta cuántas cuentos cuentas.
Cuando cuentes cuentos, cuenta cuántas cuentos cuentas.
- Constance702
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:44 pm
Re: Hose keeps getting kinked at night
Thanks for the suggestions. I will look at them.
Hose is pointed down towards the feet. And I know it's not blowing very well because when I unkink it, bam a blast of air comes towards me.
Hose is pointed down towards the feet. And I know it's not blowing very well because when I unkink it, bam a blast of air comes towards me.

