Need to monitor my own CPAP therapy

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cpapjack

Need to monitor my own CPAP therapy

Post by cpapjack » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:29 pm

How can I convince my equipment provider to give me a Remstar M Series Pro or some other machine that will record all of the important data? (i.e., ahi, snoring, etc.)

Miss Sandman

Post by Miss Sandman » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:31 pm

Actually, convince your Dr. (get a prescription for the unit you need) by having a chat showing your complete understanding of your goals and your willingness to be your own monitor with or without tech's help.

I showed my NEW tech my last 2 months results this week and she was
amazed. She is working with me now to lower my numbers.
The first two techs were useless and I had wouldn't come out without the Dr.'s OK, or to deliver the big buck items. JING JING$$$

My Dr. had to say yes to everything though.
Of course you can buy/act on your own and teach yourself with or without anyone's help. This forum has all the info you need!
My opinion.

"To sleep, perhaps to dream......"

cpapjack

Post by cpapjack » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:51 am

bump

cpapjack

Post by cpapjack » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:49 am

bump bump

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:09 am

Jack,

I'd say alot of it hinges on what kind of contract/arrangement you have with your current DME and insurance provider. Is your insurance renting?.....have they already purchased? Have you asked either of those two entities yet? I doubt if your DME is just going to swap your M Plus for an M Pro....but I may be wrong. You might consider buying a Pro from CPAP.COM and keeping the Plus for a backup/travel machine.

Good luck.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05