Nose gets congested = yanked mask?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
acidragon

Nose gets congested = yanked mask?

Post by acidragon » Sun May 19, 2013 7:52 pm

Hey guys... Just got back from a weeks vacation aboard a cruise ship. During my stay on the ship I unknowingly pulled off my nasal mask about 3 times that week after about 2 - 3 hours of treatment according to my machine. I think it was due to congestion of my nasal passages.... Would a full face mask help with the suffocation feeling that I believe is waking me up and causing me to yank my mask? Some nights I get so congested that I will be laying in bed and breathing out my mouth while my machine is trying to blow through my nose but with no air coming out of my mouth at all.

Stormynights

Re: Nose gets congested = yanked mask?

Post by Stormynights » Sun May 19, 2013 7:57 pm

It would allow you to breathe through your mouth.

BrandonB

Re: Nose gets congested = yanked mask?

Post by BrandonB » Mon May 20, 2013 12:42 pm

I also have an EasyLife as my daily mask. I have a Quattro (not the FX, but the older one) as my backup for when I might be stuffed up. Thankfully, my congestion due to allergies isn't too bad, so my EasyLife can still work fine for me. It's when I get sick / sinus infection that I have to switch to the Quattro. Might be worthwhile to get a Full Face Mask as a backup/stuffy nose alternative. There are a couple for sale on the board right now or you can order them throuh CPAP.com or your DME.
Life before my CPAP was really no life at all!