1st full night of cpap use... Are the results good?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jewels109

1st full night of cpap use... Are the results good?

Post by Jewels109 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:16 am

Usage 11.8 hrs
Leak 14l/min
Ahi 0.9
Total AI 0.8
Central AI 0.5
Per level 3

tye

Re: 1st full night of cpap use... Are the results good?

Post by tye » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:24 am

For a first night they are good! Need to collect more data and check back in. Seems really good so far!

tye

Post by tye » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:25 am

They ahi is really good less then 1. From what I have read here anything under 5 is good

Mary Z

Post by Mary Z » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:47 am

You're off to a great start, Jewels. Keep up the good work. You may sleep long hours for a bit making up a sleep debt.
Mary

kismet210

Post by kismet210 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:34 pm

Wow Jewels! The AHI is great! Hope it stays that way for you for sure! It will probably fluctuate a little so don't panic. Many things can cause it to fluctuate.

My norm is 0.0 - 2.5...

Sleep well!

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:14 pm

Really good results! So how do you feel after 11hrs of sleep? Keep us posted!

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

Otter

Post by Otter » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 am

Jewels109 wrote:Usage 11.8 hrs
Leak 14l/min
Ahi 0.9
Total AI 0.8
Central AI 0.5
Per level 3
Your numbers are good, Jewels. How do you feel?

Jewels109

Post by Jewels109 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:57 am

I'm still extremely tired but I'm feeling so much better!!! I'm only taking one nap now vs 6 like before...

Lugnut

Post by Lugnut » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:02 am

I wish I could get 11 hours of sleep! Those stats looks really good.
I'm still new to the CPAP thing. I am working on my 4th week.

I've noticed it's been a little harder to get up in the mornings for some reason, at least for me after the 2nd week, but on the 4th week here I am doing better. I also don't crash at 3pm like I used to.

Keep it up!!
Machine: DeVilbiss IntelliPAP Model DV54D-HH
Mask: Mirage Quattro

jweeks

Post by jweeks » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:33 am

Jewels109 wrote:I'm still extremely tired but I'm feeling so much better!!! I'm only taking one nap now vs 6 like before...
Jewels,

As far as your first night, you hit a home run. Just using the mask for a few hours is normally a big accomplishment. Doing a complete night is the next goal, and you are already past that one. For now, try to get as much sleep as you possibly can for the next 7 to 10 days. Do that even if you have to re-arrange your schedule or take a bit of time off of work.

It is OK to be tired. You didn't get to this point overnight, so it may take some time for your body to catch up on sleep. Some people even have to re-learn how to sleep. Another factor is that with better sleep, your body is staying in one position for a lot longer than before you started CPAP. That can leave you feeling tired and maybe even sore. I know my hips and legs were really sore the first few months, and only started feeling better when I started doing more exercise.

It isn't too unusual to see AHI do an uptick after a week or two. As you sleep more, you will get more relaxed, and that can actually cause slightly more events or slightly deeper events. That is why it is good to check on your data after a week or two. Some folks need a little follow-up tweaking of pressures after they get adapted to using the machine.

-john-

Jewels109

Post by Jewels109 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:58 am

jweeks wrote:
Jewels109 wrote:I'm still extremely tired but I'm feeling so much better!!! I'm only taking one nap now vs 6 like before...
Jewels,

As far as your first night, you hit a home run. Just using the mask for a few hours is normally a big accomplishment. Doing a complete night is the next goal, and you are already past that one. For now, try to get as much sleep as you possibly can for the next 7 to 10 days. Do that even if you have to re-arrange your schedule or take a bit of time off of work.

It is OK to be tired. You didn't get to this point overnight, so it may take some time for your body to catch up on sleep. Some people even have to re-learn how to sleep. Another factor is that with better sleep, your body is staying in one position for a lot longer than before you started CPAP. That can leave you feeling tired and maybe even sore. I know my hips and legs were really sore the first few months, and only started feeling better when I started doing more exercise.

It isn't too unusual to see AHI do an uptick after a week or two. As you sleep more, you will get more relaxed, and that can actually cause slightly more events or slightly deeper events. That is why it is good to check on your data after a week or two. Some folks need a little follow-up tweaking of pressures after they get adapted to using the machine.

-john-
GREAT TO KNOW!!!! I feel like im sleeping "WRONG" lol because im still tired i never even thought of it like "i didnt get this tired over night" lol..... ok i feel better like im not doing it wrong if thats even possible! THANK YOU!!