S9 Autoset not recording Events (AHI/AI)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jonnybee

S9 Autoset not recording Events (AHI/AI)

Post by jonnybee » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:48 am

As displayed on both the unit and ResScan, AHI/AI indicates 0.0. I was really excited the first morning after, but after a few days the indication remains at 0.0. All other parameters are being recorded normally. Any ideas?
ResMed S9 Autoset
ResMed AirFit F20 mask with headgear

Pugsy

Re: S9 Autoset not recording Events (AHI/AI)

Post by Pugsy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:57 am

It's possible to have an AHI of 0.0 but it would be unusual to have it be reported multiple times in a row.
This has happened to other S9 users. The machine seems to get sort of stuck reporting a number (and it has often been 0.0).
Normally this issue can be fixed by a simple reboot of the machines firmware. Just like a reboot on a computer is used to clean out cobwebs on a computer.
So just unplug from the main power source and let it sit for a minute or so then plug back in and the machine will restart the firmware.
Then see what happens after tonight's data. I don't know if the reboot fixes retroactively but you could try the SD card again after the machine recognizes it and does its thing. For sure look at things tomorrow morning.

Of course there is the remote change that there is a problem with the recording of events so if no joy with the reboot probably should make the DME aware of what is going on.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jonnybee

Post by jonnybee » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:34 pm

Pugsy wrote:It's possible to have an AHI of 0.0 but it would be unusual to have it be reported multiple times in a row.
This has happened to other S9 users. The machine seems to get sort of stuck reporting a number (and it has often been 0.0).
Normally this issue can be fixed by a simple reboot of the machines firmware. Just like a reboot on a computer is used to clean out cobwebs on a computer.
So just unplug from the main power source and let it sit for a minute or so then plug back in and the machine will restart the firmware.
Then see what happens after tonight's data. I don't know if the reboot fixes retroactively but you could try the SD card again after the machine recognizes it and does its thing. For sure look at things tomorrow morning.

Of course there is the remote change that there is a problem with the recording of events so if no joy with the reboot probably should make the DME aware of what is going on.
Thanks. I'll give the reboot a try and report back tomorrow.
ResMed S9 Autoset

jonnybee

Post by jonnybee » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:55 pm

jonnybee wrote:
Pugsy wrote:It's possible to have an AHI of 0.0 but it would be unusual to have it be reported multiple times in a row.

Thanks. I'll give the reboot a try and report back tomorrow.
The reboot solved the problem. Thanks Pugsy.
ResMed S9 Autoset

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:20 pm

There may not have been a problem. It is indeed possible to have an AHI of 0.0. It's only a possible problem when we see 0.0 night after night after night. Mainly because that is statistically highly unlikely.
Pat yourself on the back anyway.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.