Machine not working

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
suecava

Machine not working

Post by suecava » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:25 am

My machine had decided not to work tonight- goes through this whole show that includes something about reading data and then beeps A LOT and flashes service required. Of course this is happening on a Saturday night when no one is around Dr. wise or Sleep Clinic wise to call So I am going to try and sleep without it which then fires up my always pessimistic imagination that I will die in my sleep! (my husband should be so lucky) Anyone else out there with this kind of problem with your machine? (I've unplugged it, checked the filter, taken off the mask, taken out the card, etc.) Anyone else who is a worry wart like me?

Nooblakahn

Re: Machine not working

Post by Nooblakahn » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:16 am

I don't have my machine yet, but yes I am scared to sleep ever since I got my diagnosis. Hope you can get it repaired or replaced soon!

“I wonder if I've been changed in the night. Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different."
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Mary Z

Post by Mary Z » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:24 am

Yes, suecava, I was that kind of worry wart. The skin on my nose had broken down quite badly and I insisted on continuing to use my mask while trying to find a way to protect my nose. It kept getting worse until my partner had to put her foot down and made me take 20 days off the machine to allow my nose to heal. 20 days was not long enough though and soon I had the samme problem again. Now I know more about masks and would have found another mask as a workaround. No telling how long we slept with apnea and survived so hopefully you can get it taken care of tomorrow.

quietmorning

Post by quietmorning » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:36 am

I haven't slept with out my machine, yet - twenty months. The few times I didn't have my machine available, I stayed up all night - but I was busy doing something pretty important, so it worked for the good.

But since then, I'm very seriously thinking about changes I want to make, hopefully soon, I'll have a back up machine.

If you have to sleep without the machine, maybe make sure you are sleeping in a position where you have optimal opportunity for an airway? On your side with your head tilted back somewhat?

scottcumming1

Post by scottcumming1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Her question is about her CPAP device & its error messages. Please stay on topic.

sleepstar

Post by sleepstar » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:13 am

Did you get your machine fixed?
Although it's obviously not ideal being off your machine for a night, you're not gonna "die in your sleep". At the end of the day, if you consider how long you may have potentially had OSA and it wasn't treated... one night isn't the end of the world. (This is if we are talking about CPAP of course.)
You might feel a bit crappy the next day (and it reinforce how much you love your CPAP now), but you won't die in your sleep
Hope it is being fixed