OT but health related as a way to reduce cancer rates

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DoriC

Re: OT but health related as a way to reduce cancer rates

Post by DoriC » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:12 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:I wonder if they live longer, or it just seems that way.
Funny!!

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:33 pm

johnthomasmacdonald wrote:"It depends a lot on your genetics and where you live and what is available.

it's a myth that vegans have trouble getting enough protein - beans, lentils, soy, chickpeas, nuts - are all loaded with protein

The only thing new about the study posted was that vegans have lower cancer rates than vegetarians - it was already known that vegetarians had lower cancer rates than meat eaters

The lowering of rates of obesity, type 2 diabetes and ischemic heart disease in vegans is even more impressive

the meat industry has put a lot of money into trying to find dangers in a vegan/vegetarian diet - they are still looking
Just try to go low carb and gluten free. Which is even better for obesity, type 2 diabetes and heart disease.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:20 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:
johnthomasmacdonald wrote:"It depends a lot on your genetics and where you live and what is available.

it's a myth that vegans have trouble getting enough protein - beans, lentils, soy, chickpeas, nuts - are all loaded with protein

The only thing new about the study posted was that vegans have lower cancer rates than vegetarians - it was already known that vegetarians had lower cancer rates than meat eaters

The lowering of rates of obesity, type 2 diabetes and ischemic heart disease in vegans is even more impressive

the meat industry has put a lot of money into trying to find dangers in a vegan/vegetarian diet - they are still looking
Just try to go low carb and gluten free. Which is even better for obesity, type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
I think exercise is good for you and it takes a lot more exercise to survive on a plant based diet. I'm not sure if our brains would have developed on a plant based diet... but I think it's healthy to spend all day finding and eating raw foods. That's exercise and a plant based diet. Now what?