I used my S9 without the humidier chamber -- no problem!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jason7

I used my S9 without the humidier chamber -- no problem!

Post by Jason7 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:54 pm

I came back from a wedding late Sat nite and forgot to put the humidifier chamber in my S9 humidifier. It's not that I forgot to add distilled water, but that i forgot to put the chamber in the humidifer!
Didn't seem to make any difference...I didn't notice the lack of humidity (and the room was only about 35% humidity), but more importantly, the S9 worked fine and my AHI was below 1.
So it doesn't seem to matter if the chamber is left out by mistake...but feel free to disagree if you know differently...
Cheers,
Jason

ughwhatname

Re: I used my S9 without the humidier chamber -- no problem!

Post by ughwhatname » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:05 pm

One night, I didn't add enough water to mine, and I awoke with a very dry mouth. Bothersome enough to make me get up for water and add water to the chamber. My humidity in my bedroom is in the 50% range, and I definitely need it.

Jason7 wrote:I came back from a wedding late Sat nite and forgot to put the humidifier chamber in my S9 humidifier. It's not that I forgot to add distilled water, but that i forgot to put the chamber in the humidifer!
Didn't seem to make any difference...I didn't notice the lack of humidity (and the room was only about 35% humidity), but more importantly, the S9 worked fine and my AHI was below 1.
So it doesn't seem to matter if the chamber is left out by mistake...but feel free to disagree if you know differently...
Cheers,
Jason

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:33 pm

The humidifier is a comfort issue...some use it...some don't. Even when the unit is attached, some people keep water in it but do not turn it on...This is called ' pass over mode'.

Jason7

Post by Jason7 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:51 pm

Sorry, I wasn't very clear about why I wrote this post. Of course humidity is a comfort feature; some don't need it, some can't live without it.
The point I meant to make was that the unit apparently seems to run well WITHOUT THE HUMIDIFER CHAMBER in the humidifier unit.

DougalMcDougal

Post by DougalMcDougal » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:04 pm

I did exactly the same thing 2 nights ago in forgetting to put the chamber in - I didn't notice till the next morning and had had a very comfortable night without it, do dryness

newname

Post by newname » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:50 pm

LSAT: How would I "not turn on my humidifier"? Would I just remove it or is there a setting to disable it? I used S9 for her.

archangle

Post by archangle » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:15 am

Start the CPAP. Turn the knob to the left until the display shows "OFF".

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

PST

Post by PST » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:25 am

Jason7 wrote:Sorry, I wasn't very clear about why I wrote this post. Of course humidity is a comfort feature; some don't need it, some can't live without it.
The point I meant to make was that the unit apparently seems to run well WITHOUT THE HUMIDIFER CHAMBER in the humidifier unit.
Doesn't work with an S8, that's for sure.

SleepyToo2

Post by SleepyToo2 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:29 am

Doesn't work with a PRS1 - I know from experience! The box that the chamber goes in leaks, and is very noisy without the chamber in it. I don't fill the chamber, and keep the knob turned to zero. Works for me most of the time.