CPAP machine recommendation

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
joyeux

CPAP machine recommendation

Post by joyeux » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:58 am

I must replace my five year old CPAP machine and would like some recommendations. I would like to have a machine that gives me some basic information about my breathing, etc. , but my budget won't allow for a $1,000+ machine.

Lizistired

Re: CPAP machine recommendation

Post by Lizistired » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:08 pm

Resmed S9 Autoset or Elite. Nothing with Escape in the name.
PRS1 users will come along with those specific model numbers
I just bumped user "mcdover"'s post for you. He is a reliable seller.

xenablue

Post by xenablue » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:33 pm

Have you looked at the prices from our hosts, cpap.com? They have very competitive and reasonable prices for their XPAP machines and suppies.

Cheers,
xena

joyeux

Post by joyeux » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Thank you all for your recommendations. It sounds like Resmed S9 Autoset w/humidifier is the one I need to look at. Will look on CPAP.com.

purple

Post by purple » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:39 pm

If your insurance will not help to purchase new machine. And you can not afford to wait for Obama Care, if it happens. Maybe look at http://www.secondwindcpap.com/ for a used machine.

archangle

Post by archangle » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:16 pm

If the old one is working, and you can wait a while, you might consider watching your local Craigslist. There will be a lot of people who want too much money, but you may find a good one at a good price if you watch for a while.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

Suddenly Worn Out

Post by Suddenly Worn Out » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:49 pm

If you are talking just a straight CPAP, a PR CPAP or Resmed S9 CPAP should be fine. If you want an APAP and your budget wont allow for you to go above $1000 with humidifier, I'd go with a PR System One APAP. Resmed is the most expensive gear, period. I personally use Resmed gear the most, but actually like the PR System One stuff more. Sounds weird I know but I have found the PR System One just totally wipes out the apnea and I feel most awake/alert on PR System One. The thing I dont like about PR System One is their rather crude and approximate calibrating. You can only adjust the things in .5 increments. Other than that, I think PR System One is better.

If Phillips Respironics would start making their APAPs and CPAPs where you could adjust them in .2 increments like Resmed does, Id switch over to PR System One in a heartbeat.

Eric

DagoRed

Post by DagoRed » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:52 pm

Stay away from the icon auto if you want to have access to in-depth data. I have the Icon Auto and I like the fact that its really quiet, but thats the only thing I like about it. Oh and if you pay more for the software it will play one of 5 songs as an alarm........

joeyjernigan

Post by joeyjernigan » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:47 am

purple wrote:If your insurance will not help to purchase new machine. And you can not afford to wait for Obama Care, if it happens. Maybe look at http://www.secondwindcpap.com/ for a used machine.
I have purchased from secondwind. Excellent products and customer service.