OT prayers needed update

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
portiemom

OT prayers needed update

Post by portiemom » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:54 am

My son in law has had a few minor set backs, but he is doing better now thanks to all your prayers. He came out of the ICU yesterday. He was unable to have the reconstruction surgery as he remained on a breathing tube due to some blood clots, and it appears the brain floor which essential for the brain to remain in the upper portion of the skull is gone and as a result his brain is slipping into the sinus area, and when that happens the portion that slips causes those brain cells to die. They are going to operate today to rebuild the brain floor, and see if the bullet damaged the sinus cavity and go from there. His reconstruction will be put off until they get in and do whatever repairs necessary for his sinuses and brain to heal. The Neuro and ENT doctors will both be doing this surgery and with Gods help and your prayers we will get a good outcome. The ENT doctors say his remaining eye is still too traumatized to tell if he will have any sight in it, but they told us not to count his sight out just yet. So we are somewhat encouraged that at best he will be able to see the big E on the sight chart, maybe even the next line below it. They can not do an MRI because of the bullet fragments still in his head but they are confident this operation will be a success.
I can't tell you how much I appreciate your prayers and concern for Michael and his precious family. You are truly a blessing to us.
God Bless you and be well my friends. I will let you know how this turns out as soon as we know it.
Ellen

Pugsy

Re: OT prayers needed update

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:57 am

Thank you for the update.
We need to put him on the top of the list for long term prayers. This is going to be long battle.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Starlette

Post by Starlette » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:02 am

Intercessions going up your way for all family members concerned.
((Huggs)) to you portiemom.

Starlette

portiemom

Post by portiemom » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:21 am

Thank you Pugsey and Starlette, I am truly grateful for your prayers and support, and I know with your prayers we will get our miracles. My daughter had a wonderful talk with the Neuro doc that did the original surgery when Michael was taken to the ER. He told her that the entire trauma team made the call to let Michael go as they did not want to operate and that their efforts would be for naught and that their was too much damage to the brain and face. The ambulance attendant told them that Michael was telling him his name while being transported and THIS Neuo doc present in the er said he would operate and save his life as to him a man talking with this kind of trauma is the one he WOULD save. I am sure this doctor was put there by God, and that was our first miracle. Michael is breathing better albeit through a trachea with a little oxygen support and in time they say he will be weened down to breathe on his own.
I know Michael and our family have a long road ahead of us, but with all the prayers going up for us I know we will have the strength to go forward.
God Bless you both!

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:37 am

Oh Portie...our prayers are definately with you and your family,.... I feel so bad for you all. Our prayers, hugs and kisses are sent your way......he WILL come out of this and be back with his family soon
Cheers
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

emeraude

Post by emeraude » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:54 am

My prayers and thoughts to you and your family at your time of need. God bless you all.

rosacer

Post by rosacer » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:06 am

Thanks Ellen for the follow up about Michael improvements. Please keep us informed, in that way we can continue praying in a more efficient way. Yes, thank God for the Dr. who decided to operate anyway and the ambulance attendant.

Be well

Rosie

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:06 pm

This is such a tragic story, Ellen, sorry to hear about the complications. My prayers go out for a completely successful recovery.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:20 pm

My Michael and I are sending prayers to your Michael. My best to you and your family, you're going through such an ordeal.

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:27 pm

I'm praying for a good outcome, beyond your fondest desires.
May God grant you the strength and love to carry you through the difficult stretch ahead.

Maxie

Post by Maxie » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:10 pm

Thank you for the update and we will continue prayers for your family.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:22 pm

Continued prayers for your family Ellen. Does Michael have a CaringBridge website?

Roger2

Post by Roger2 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi portiemom,

My families prayers are with you and your family also. Try to keep in mind;

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
(1 Corinthians 10:13 KJVA)

Every test that you have experienced is the kind that normally comes to people. But God keeps his promise, and he will not allow you to be tested beyond your power to remain firm; at the time you are put to the test, he will give you the strength to endure it, and so provide you with a way out.
(1 Corinthians 10:13 GNB)

pax

roger

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:10 pm

My prayers and thoughts are with you. It sure makes my struggles seem insignificant when compared to you and your family.

When things look darkest, remember to turn it over to God, he is walking beside you and will hold your hand during the darkest of times.

It sounds like recovery will be a long journey for your family and if there are things we can do to help -- I know many of us will try. If there is a fund set up to help with medical expenses you might post it so those that want to donate can do so.

May God comfort you in this time of need.
Start Date: 8/30/2007 Pressure 9 - 15
I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.