Pugsy Award

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Starlette

Re: Pugsy Award

Post by Starlette » Tue May 01, 2012 9:55 am

DoriC wrote:We're a big family and Pugsy has now become our matriarch!
What Dori said!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue May 01, 2012 10:43 am

I don't want to be a maven or matriarch.
I just want to be me and help people. I don't want to walk on water...lord knows I am far from perfect.
I am not always nice and I might just tell some idiot to take a FFL or have his serum acorn level checked.

Rested Gal is much nicer than me. She never gets mad and I sure do. She never makes an ass out of herself and we all know that I do.

Let's leave her in her well earned spot.

There are SO many people here who dig deep to help others here. I am not alone nor would I ever want to be. Too much work and too much responsibility and I have often said..."I am a lazy sot" and it is the truth.
Let each "helper" here help in the manner that includes where their skills are and we can all share perhaps apprentice designation maybe. No way do I want to be anything else.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

neverbetter

Post by neverbetter » Tue May 01, 2012 11:04 am

I want to thank everyone who takes the time to help someone that comes here for help. I know I've been personally helped a great deal from the support on this forum. Pugsy, you are one of the gems we can count on because you have the clinical knowledge to answer us correctly. We trust your opinion. That's big, here.

jnk

Post by jnk » Tue May 01, 2012 11:18 am

Pugsy wrote:I don't want to be a maven or matriarch.
Warning: My brand of irritating commentary to follow:

For me, the situation here is that Johnny owns the playground, and the rest of us are welcome to hang out here as long as we play nice and don't corrupt the purpose of the playgound. It just so happens that the play in this playground can also save lives as a result of the help and support batted around in here. Seems that any time large groups interact, especially in a playground like this one, we tend to use family metaphors for labeling people as moms, dads, big sisters, big brothers, etc. Nuthin' much can be done about that. Just gotta roll with it. Hopefully what you take from the thread, Pugsy, is that a lot of people, without wanting to make you self-conscious about it, appreciate what you do around here in exactly the way that you do it and wanted to take the opportunity to say so. I hope you don't let that thanks change anything. Just be you. It's OK to have fans. No pressure. Threads like this one only happen because there's no smiley for the grateful, tearful smile and nod of appreciation that goes with having been helped when in need of information that has been hidden from us by others.

-jeff

ps- I've seen Rested Gal get, uh, righteously indignant, a few times, and loved every minute of it! It's the humanity of it all that keeps everything palatable here, IMO.

jen4700

Post by jen4700 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:26 am

Thanks to ALL the people that are so helpful and hold the hands of the newbies (me!) thru all the same questions and concerns over and over again. It really does make a difference!

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue May 01, 2012 11:32 am

Cheers to Johnny and Carolyn for providing the forum, and thanks also to all the volunteers who pitch in.
Community service --WITHOUT a court order!

Cuda

Post by Cuda » Tue May 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Pugsy is always willing to review my datacharts with me, far more useful than any of my doctors.

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Tue May 01, 2012 6:17 pm

jnk wrote:
-jeff

ps- I've seen Rested Gal get, uh, righteously indignant, a few times, and loved every minute of it! It's the humanity of it all that keeps everything palatable here, IMO.
Ha! Funny you should mention that! I just ran across an old post of RG's where she was...dare I say it, being a "bit grumpy" with one of the members. Since I was writing to her to ask a question, I couldn't resist commenting on that old "conversation" ! She remembered it and was kind enough to explain why. It sounded perfectly reasonable to me! And it was done with class just like some of Pugsy's "conversations". I too "loved every minute of it"!

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

rosacer

Post by rosacer » Tue May 01, 2012 8:05 pm

I was out of town missing all the fun

Pugsy, Pugsy, Pugsy !

Thanks very much for your help, your time, your imperfections, etc. sure you have contribute in great way with your technical answers with the computer troubles, Sleepyhead, etc etc etc.

Yes there is other kind people that have contributed too (and we acknowledged it and have voiced our thanks in the past) but now it's your turn to hear how we appreciate your help

THANKS AGAIN

Rosie

Pad A Cheek
Location: Virginia, In the shadow of the Blue Ridge Mountains

Post by Pad A Cheek » Tue May 01, 2012 8:56 pm

I want to chime in here and praise Pugsy as well. Her technical knowledge of the equipment and her willingness to help those in need are both outstanding. Thank you Pugsy for the way in which you bring your explanations to those who need them most. Please keep your "Tell it like it is" straight forward approach. Some of us really respond best to that way of receiving the truth.

Thank you Pugsy for the time and effort you have given here to others only for the purpose of being a great help to those with less understanding. You truly are a gem.

Karen

Gaga58

Post by Gaga58 » Wed May 02, 2012 9:31 am

Yep, yep!! I'd of never gotten this far, let alone understood half of what I (somewhat!) know now if it wasn't for Pugsy!! I've also gotten encouragement and advice from others on the forum, it's just I always "ran to" Pugsy on the sidelines!!!

Kenwood

Post by Kenwood » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:21 pm

This thread deserves a bump......

I am sooo thankful for all the help and encouragement you have given me!

jpatterson

Post by jpatterson » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:42 pm

+10!

Thank you!

NotLazyJustTired

Post by NotLazyJustTired » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:07 pm

I just want to be me and help people. I don't want to walk on water...lord knows I am far from perfect.
I am not always nice and I might just tell some idiot to take a FFL or have his serum acorn level checked.

Rested Gal is much nicer than me. She never gets mad and I sure do. She never makes an ass out of herself and we all know that I do.

Let's leave her in her well earned spot.

There are SO many people here who dig deep to help others here. I am not alone nor would I ever want to be. Too much work and too much responsibility and I have often said..."I am a lazy sot" and it is the truth.
Let each "helper" here help in the manner that includes where their skills are and we can all share perhaps apprentice designation maybe. No way do I want to be anything else.
Such modesty, Sheesh. I haven't been here long and I can't count on all my digits the number of helpful posts I've read from this lady, many of them directed at me. I do believe we walk amongst angels.

"So oftentimes it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key."
...from The Eagles, "Already Gone"

Sleep Well, Frank

pandatx

Post by pandatx » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:39 pm

Ditto. I "heart" Pugsy. The amount of support and generosity of spirit are astounding. I'm incredibly grateful for everything that she's done to help me understand all of this and get acclimated. I also sense that if I just needed to bitch a little bit, she'd be down with that too.