mirage fx too small for nose

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dattilotech

mirage fx too small for nose

Post by dattilotech » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:47 pm

Hello;

I've been using the old Goldwing mask with a bi-pep machine, but figured I'd try something new this time around. I tried the mirage fx, which gets great reviews
but, I've not found it to be ideal for me. I believe the one size fits all mask is a bit small for my larger, longer nose, which seems to be minutely pushed on, creating not
the best flow of air. I't s difficult, but the bottom line is , I'm not feeling like I got a good night sleep, through the day.
I was wondering if anyone, had a similar expierence, and what there might be for a step up, or different, but possible close to the design. Bottom line
is this is all about getting a good nights sleep, and although I took, my lunch hour to go to a place, I feel like the guy just tried to push this model, and it's a good one, but I guess i' don't have a whole lot of confidence in there way of doing things.

Any way appreciate any input on the subject

Thanks,
rob_d

chunkyfrog

Re: mirage fx too small for nose

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:35 pm

Apparently, 'one size fits all' --doesn't.
I have to avoid these masks; looking at the situation from the other side (little bitty nose)

Kitatonic

Post by Kitatonic » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:52 pm

The Mirage FX comes in 3 sizes, a wide and standard, and recently, a small cushion "for Her" size (available from CPAP.com, but not widely available). I would recommend revisiting your provider and try on an assortment of the masks lying down attached to the CPAP. At the very least, if you have a standard, see if they could switch this for a wide. You could try multiple nasal masks by enrolling in the CPAP.com mask exchange program.

esangston

Post by esangston » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:00 pm

I had to trade my swift for a nasal. The pillows seemed to close up in my nose and I couldn't breathe at all. If you don't toss alot I noticed just barely setting them on my lip and not tightening the straps toooooo tight, I could breathe fairly well. But I'm a tossed and hubby's a smuggler who hasn't trained his subconscious that my cpap is a good thing lol.. If you can,must go ahead and trade em in if they are bothersome. And I asked the same question when I noticed the issues, I got a couple of replies back of cpapers having the same issue... Gl

Yes, I'm married to man with a bad case of narcolepsy. And yup, I have 3 kids under age 4... Adding OSA just seemed like the right thing to do! :-)