New CPAP Library Site

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepnationtv

New CPAP Library Site

Post by sleepnationtv » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:19 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to let everyone know that our site http://www.cpaplibrary.com has changed a little.

We still have all of the educational videos they are labeled education videos in the top links.

We have also started selling supplies. Our goal is to provide online buyers with the same experience that buyers with insurance get. Here is what we have done:
1) All masks purchased are eligible for our Mask Exchange Program. This program allows you to return a mask within 10 days for store credit like many DME's do. This credit can be used to get a different mask. Basically we offer free return insurance. Here are all of he details - http://www.cpaplibrary.com/mask-exchange
2) Mask Trial Program: If you think you might need to try a number of masks you can use our mask trial program which lets you try out masks before you buy. All you have to do is pay shipping. Here is the link - http://www.cpaplibrary.com/mask-trials
3) We offer a 365 day return policy on all unopened products for a full refund!

We feel that pairing this type of online experience with our CPAP Videos will help those who buy online get better service and support.

Thanks,

Dane Schapper
Founder CPAP Library
Dane Schapper, Founder cpaplibrary.com
Check out the cpaplibrary video bloghttp://www.cpaplibrary.com

SleepyToo2

Re: New CPAP Library Site

Post by SleepyToo2 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:20 pm

So how does this work? We rent the mask of our dreams (hopefully) for a week, return it, then buy the full mask from you, or do we go elsewhere to buy the mask if we wish/find a better price?

xenablue

Post by xenablue » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:35 am

Dane,

Thanks for the heads-up - your videos and information on everything XPAP is just awesome - I visit there quite often, but haven't for a few weeks, so can't wait to see the new 'look'.

The new programs are awesome for those who have no insurance or difficult DMEs!

SleepyToo2
You don't really 'rent' the mask, you 'borrow' it for a week and just pay shipping both ways - I did it a few times to try some different masks a while back.

Click on the links in Dane's post - you will love all the great, user-friendly information!

Cheers,
xena

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 am

Anyone wishing to utilize the mask trial service can do so without any pressure to purchase from Dane's service. If you like the trial mask and think it is worth investing in you are free to purchase from whomever you wish. The store credit policy is a nice feature should someone wish to purchase from Dane's service. In the past when I have experimented with masks it didn't take me 10 day to realize a mask wouldn't work at all for me.
I haven't checked all of his purchase prices but from a quick glance they seemed to be pretty much what we see at various online sellers. He knows we are tightwad shoppers here and he knows that we shop for price as well as service.

I do have one question though for Dane. If someone does elect to purchase a mask from your service..is a RX for cpap required to be presented and be on file prior to purchase?
Edit...never mind.. I answered my own question..I just needed to scroll a bit to see the RX required informational note.

RX is required to purchase machines or masks.

Last edited by Pugsy on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

avi123

Post by avi123 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:33 am

Why several of the nasal masks by Resmed and Respironiocs don't have antirebreathing valve to make them safe if they are used with chin straps?
Do you carry such valves as add-on?

http://www.cpaplibrary.com/cpap-masks/softgel.html

and

http://www.cpaplibrary.com/cpap-masks/trueblue-137.html

deltadave

Post by deltadave » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:55 am

Pugsy wrote:I haven't checked all of his purchase prices but from a quick glance they seemed to be pretty much what we see at various online sellers. He knows we are tightwad shoppers here and he knows that we shop for price as well as service.
Well, Johnny will match any price:
We want you to be confident that when you shop with us, you are receiving the best value available. If within 7 days of your CPAP.com purchase your item goes on sale or you spot an online or retail competitor with a lower price on the exact item, let us know and we will credit you the difference.

Lower prices include published prices or price lists emailed to customers of minimum advertised price restricted online or retailer competitors. Auction websites and websites that do not regularly answer their telephones during normal business hours are excluded from this guarantee.
but far beyond that, I don't believe this thread or surrounding discussion makes us appear particularly appreciative of our hosts' hospitality.
...other than food...

ems

Post by ems » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:16 am

deltadave wrote:but far beyond that, I don't believe this thread or surrounding discussion makes us appear particularly appreciative of our hosts' hospitality.
Oh for goodness sakes!
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

forumadmin
Site Admin

Post by forumadmin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:26 am

Howdy All,

Sleepnationtv has done good work in the CPAP community. You guys are welcome to continue posting here. Thank you for your work.

A lot of people build their businesses by interacting here and I think this is a good thing. Heck, I sure have.

That said, I think it goes to far to say "I run CPAPWebsiteX.com and we sell CPAP supplies". To me, it changes the conversation from "here is CPAP information, if it is useful, talk about it and share it around" to "I'm using CPAPtalk, which I've contributed to but didn't build and don't run, as a mega phone for my supply company". It shifts the theme from "I do this because I want to see CPAP users free, happy and healthy" to "I am looking for a faceless audience big enough that I'll get some business if I post this".

Maybe a little harsh, but that's the spirit of it imho. If CPAP users want to interact with your business they will:

1. Google for you and sign up for your newsletter, read your blog or buy stuff.

2. PM you and ask for information.

3. Talk about the content you provide here that is of general interest to enough people to float to the top.

Maybe in future we'll strike a balance and open it up to advertising. Until then, please do not post "here's a link to my website that sells CPAP supplies" threads.

I am keeping this thread up, but locking it.

Johnny