Intellipap Plus data errors

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dukenilnil

Intellipap Plus data errors

Post by dukenilnil » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:33 pm

My intellipap seems to be having data errors ever since I upped the pressure.
It seems to be showing what I take as the default data with a leak rate of 30 some % and an AHI of 30 something. I know the data is in error because it shows I used the cpap for over 9 ours last night when I was only in bed for 6.5.
I have plugged and uplugged the machine several times since I changed the pressure and it isn't fixing the data.
Is it possible I changed a setting somehow that I shouldn't have or only changed part of the pressure throwing off the algorithm?

Thanks!

Emilia

Re: Intellipap Plus data errors

Post by Emilia » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:58 pm

I've reviewed all your previous posts, and even though you were asked, you still haven't mentioned what your pressure is set to. Your mask has an 'acceptable leak' rate based on the pressure setting. If it is 12 or under, your leak rate of 30 is fine. DeVilbiss doesn't score anything under 95 as being large, anyway....so your leak is fine.

The AHI is another matter..... something is terribly amiss there. Did you use the Smart Codes to see if you are having many Exhale Puffs? If so, that may be part of the problem. They will be considered in the AHI and are caused by therapy going out your mouth. You may be opening your mouth during sleep. Did you buy the software? Are you using the Smart Codes?

It is hard to know what the issue is unless some data is viewed. The # of hours is also a mystery.... I'd say either call the vendor from whom you purchased the machine and ask them, or you could PM one of our forum members here who is a company rep for DeVilbiss and see if she can shed some light on how to correct the technical issue. Her member name is DeVilbiss Marketing.

Please let us know your pressure setting.... and if you have any data reports you can share.

Yes, that blue eyed beauty is my cat! He is a seal point, bi-color Ragdoll. I adopted him in '08 from folks who could no longer care for him. He is a joy and makes me smile each and every day.

Olenka

Post by Olenka » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:29 am

Hi friends,
the errors incurred by the machines did not repair a machine,
infarct these the responsibility of the persons who are able the for this use and repairing...
Olenka

dukenilnil

Post by dukenilnil » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:03 pm

My reports are fine, show AHI of 5.0 over 7 days and 2.5 last day. Hours are reporting more correctly as well, it's just the onscreen data that was not reporting right for several days. But I don't know because it just reverted back to matching the online reports this instant.

Pressure was at 7 is now at 8.
The leak rate and hours, etc., all are shown as # + indicating that it doesn't calculate an exact number over a certain amount and anything over that is just indicated by a +.
At least that is my interpretation.

I am just using Smartcode as I am paying out of pocket and don't have the funds currently for software and add-on.

physicsbob

Post by physicsbob » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:15 pm

Mine did that for a while, but since I have the software, and the smart-codes matched what was on the computer, I did pay too much attention to it. To correct it, I think I powered down, removed the Smart-Link adaptor, powered up, then powered down, and connected the Smart Link again, and finally powered back up. When I checked a few weeks later they were still correct. I attributed mine to the several power outages and severe thunder storms that came through our area.

jmcanzo

Post by jmcanzo » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:24 pm

My screen has also shown strange data that does not match the smartcodes when entered in the website. Also a friend has one and has reported the same thing. I have the software module, friend does not.

Nosey

Post by Nosey » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:15 am

Interesting. Posted yesterday the same issue.....my AHI readings were "off the chart" when read off the LCD right after powering down the machine after a night's sleep to check the scores (AHI = 31, the highest I've ever seen with home treatment....I am almost always <5). When I check an hour later, I do not see the high score and when using the smartcode, I do not see the high scores. Finally, now using the software and read off of my computer, I do not see the high scores. Methinks the Intellipap has a bug..

Richard

Cotay

Post by Cotay » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:11 am

This is kind of a known issue that has been reported by others previously on this forum. I had it happen a few weeks ago when I took a nap and woke up to those strange numbers and was being told I'd been asleep for 9 hours.

It is a firmware glitch as far as I can tell but the correct data is on the card and in the machine if you use the SmartCodes. It's nothing to get concerned about since it doesn't impact therapy or the overall reliability of the machine.

DeVilbiss should try to fix this in the next firmware iteration, but right now it's just an annoyance. Somebody once posted here that if you use the left arrow to scroll the data that it clears it out and reverts it to the correct setting. I can't verify that since my machine hasn't done it since that initial error. I did get a warranty replacement on my IntelliPap for a different issue...I'll see if that machine experiences this as well.

Nosey

Post by Nosey » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:35 am

Well, to have numbers showing high AHIs is disturbing (number of sleep hours incorrect? I do not care). The disconnect between what was on the LCD vs. smartcodes had me wondering if the smartcodes were really smart. Confirmation of smartcode info has come from downloading the data to my computer/use of their software). I do not mind glitches.....but when I'm getting a misread on the # of AHI...that is pretty bad and more than an annoyance to any and all IMHO.

Richard
Cotay wrote:This is kind of a known issue that has been reported by others previously on this forum. I had it happen a few weeks ago when I took a nap and woke up to those strange numbers and was being told I'd been asleep for 9 hours.

It is a firmware glitch as far as I can tell but the correct data is on the card and in the machine if you use the SmartCodes. It's nothing to get concerned about since it doesn't impact therapy or the overall reliability of the machine.

DeVilbiss should try to fix this in the next firmware iteration, but right now it's just an annoyance. Somebody once posted here that if you use the left arrow to scroll the data that it clears it out and reverts it to the correct setting. I can't verify that since my machine hasn't done it since that initial error. I did get a warranty replacement on my IntelliPap for a different issue...I'll see if that machine experiences this as well.

Cotay

Post by Cotay » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:11 am

With all due respect, I think you are over reacting. After you have this happen once you obviously know the numbers are wrong so why freak out? From what I can tell the number is always something like 33 for the AHI and 9 hours for the time so you know what you are seeing.

If you are unhappy, file a warranty claim with DeVilbiss. I for one don't see this as a big deal.

My understanding is that if you use the left arrow to access your numbers it will always read correctly.

Nosey

Post by Nosey » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Cotay wrote:With all due respect, I think you are over reacting. After you have this happen once you obviously know the numbers are wrong so why freak out? From what I can tell the number is always something like 33 for the AHI and 9 hours for the time so you know what you are seeing.

If you are unhappy, file a warranty claim with DeVilbiss. I for one don't see this as a big deal.

My understanding is that if you use the left arrow to access your numbers it will always read correctly.
Over reacting and freaking out? You misunderstand....I'm a tad pissed off. In retrospect the event is not a bother but if you've just switched machinces (I went from a Resmed S8elite) and just happened to start taking strong antihistamines so you feel like crap in the morning....then a reading of 33 AHI for a couple of days after 4 years of successful treatment just plain sucks. Once you know that the numbers are wrong it is a different situation and that you can do a silly "trick" of pressing one arrow vs. another. So no....I was not over reacting....and you are more than a tad silly. Obviously there have been a couple of other people that we *cough cough* errrrrrr, ummmmmmmmm over reacting as well.....?

Sincerely,

Richard

Cotay

Post by Cotay » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:00 pm

I appreciate that there is some initial shock upon seeing that number. When I woke from my nap and saw it I'll admit I was a bit panicked, but reality set in and I knew it couldn't possibly be right with the other numbers so out of whack. I quickly performed a Google search and checked here and found old posts that cleared the whole thing up.

I would agree that DeVilbiss needs to address this, but once I realized what was happening I wasn't further concerned for my health. Given that this is a pretty common issue, I'm surprised that DeVilbiss hasn't fixed the firmware...they allow end users to update firmware on the IntelliPap as I understand it, so they need to get some engineers on it. If the error were regular and systematic I'd raise the issue with DeVilbiss on a warranty basis.