My nose is raw!!!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Kenneth P.

My nose is raw!!!!

Post by Kenneth P. » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:22 am

Was having problem's of sinus congestion.So I turn'd the temp up to 84 a month ago.Work's good but my inside of my nose is raw&sore.Any sugestion's what to do.I've been using salt saline every day.Any help will be helpful.Thank You

Gazhacks

Re: My nose is raw!!!!

Post by Gazhacks » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:25 am

Olbas Oil, works every time. Everyone over here as a bottle next to their cpap machine

http://www.olbas.co.uk/products/olbas-oil.ashx

Kenneth P.

Post by Kenneth P. » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:40 am

can you find that at wally world??what do you do with it.add to water ,etc.My problem is a nasty raw nose.It's getting old.
Gazhacks wrote:Olbas Oil, works every time. Everyone over here as a bottle next to their cpap machine

Gazhacks

Post by Gazhacks » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:49 am

Kenneth P. wrote:can you find that at wally world??what do you do with it.add to water ,etc.My problem is a nasty raw nose.It's getting old.
Gazhacks wrote:Olbas Oil, works every time. Everyone over here as a bottle next to their cpap machine

You can either put it on a tissue near your inlet or put it in the water, if you have any congestion then it will blitz it, but dont add to much to either as its very strong

Kenneth P.

Post by Kenneth P. » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:14 am

Thank You.
Gazhacks wrote:
Kenneth P. wrote:can you find that at wally world??what do you do with it.add to water ,etc.My problem is a nasty raw nose.It's getting old.

You can either put it on a tissue near your inlet or put it in the water, if you have any congestion then it will blitz it, but dont add to much to either as its very strong

hades161

Post by hades161 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:52 am

Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.
Sir Winston Churchill

I’m not asleep… but that doesn’t mean I’m awake.
- Albert Camus

redjoe

Post by redjoe » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:21 pm

Ayr nasal gel swabbed gently inside the nose really helped me before my nose got used to PAP.

SmartLink module works, but software doesn't, so I'm using SleepyHead. Thanks, JediMark!
Real sleep and oxygen to the brain are wonderful things!

Maxie

Post by Maxie » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:58 am

You can either put it on a tissue near your inlet or put it in the water, if you have any congestion then it will blitz it, but don't add to much to either as its very strong
If you put it in the water, how much? Has anyone put it in their water? I love this stuff and I'm thinking a couple of drops in the water but I wanted to ask before trying it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:49 am

Maxie wrote: If you put it in the water, how much? Has anyone put it in their water? I love this stuff and I'm thinking a couple of drops in the water but I wanted to ask before trying it.
Generally speaking we don't advise adding any of the scented oils to the water in the tank.
To be honest, I have never seen a real explanation as to why we shouldn't. Like an explanation as to how the oils might be transmitted to the machine or our lungs. So I don't know exactly why we are told not to...just that we are told not to.

For me, the oil would tend to cling to the interior of the water tank. Oil and plastic...that combination is always hard to clean adequately. That alone would be adequate reason for me not to add oils to the water.

Use the scented oils on something right outside the air intake. That way you can control the scent strength better and you won't have any worries about cleaning and/or possible damage from the oil to your tank or remote possibility of the oils hitching a ride on the moisture and entering your lungs.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Maxie

Post by Maxie » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:00 am

Thanks, I was a little nervous about putting the oil in my humidifier so I wanted to know if anyone else had done it. I'll keep using the tissue under the air intake.

danjfoley

Post by danjfoley » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:05 am

my nose was raw when i first started.. now it's not.. here's what i did...

1. I got the lanosil lotion. (the stuff nursing mothers use).. it's next to the baby stuff in the grocery store.

2. I realized i was using to small nasal pillows, went up a size, and loosed up all my straps.

Now i feel much better.