CMS 50E

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
FeelingBetter

CMS 50E

Post by FeelingBetter » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:00 pm

It seems that oximeters are a hot topic right now. I just bought the CMS 50E as my doctor has been doing frequent oximeter readings since I was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension and having edema. So long story short, I bought a CMS 50E so I could watch my own trends and quit being at the mercy of the DME plus waiting to get the results. I loaded the software and when I plug the cable in, it keeps saying the oximeter is not responding or unavailable. When I try to pull it up on my computer it doesn't even show up as a USB cable being plugged in. In addition, every time I now try to open the "new session" tab it locks up my computer and I have to restart.
HELP!!!

chunkyfrog

Re: CMS 50E

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:11 pm

Have you contacted the seller, or Contech?

Slartybartfast

Post by Slartybartfast » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:06 pm

I had the same problem with one I purchased through Amazon.com a few weeks ago. It was being sold by Clinical Guard through Amazon. Their tech services was very helpful, but nothing worked. They said this version had built-in Bluetooth and that the software would automatically download data as soon as it was plugged in. It didn't, and I saw no evidence of Bluetooth capability, and the menu on this unit did not correspond to the description in the manual. I couldn't get the computer to recognize the oximeter (yes, with the supplied UART USB cable). So I returned it for a refund.

I have another CMS50E that I purchased through Clinical Guard about 18 months ago that works fine, so I was familiar with the operation of the unit and the software. However the newer CMS50e was very different. And I keep reading that the 50e has been replaced by a newer model, but now that one seems to have disappeared from the site. Amazon appears to no longer carry the oximeter.

Beware. There appear to be variants of the CMS50E being sold. They're not all the same. The software is sketchy and the manual is not very useful.

peterg

Post by peterg » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:56 pm

Slartybartfast wrote:I had the same problem with one I purchased through Amazon.com a few weeks ago. It was being sold by Clinical Guard through Amazon. Their tech services was very helpful, but nothing worked. They said this version had built-in Bluetooth and that the software would automatically download data as soon as it was plugged in. It didn't, and I saw no evidence of Bluetooth capability, and the menu on this unit did not correspond to the description in the manual. I couldn't get the computer to recognize the oximeter (yes, with the supplied UART USB cable). So I returned it for a refund.

I have another CMS50E that I purchased through Clinical Guard about 18 months ago that works fine, so I was familiar with the operation of the unit and the software. However the newer CMS50e was very different. And I keep reading that the 50e has been replaced by a newer model, but now that one seems to have disappeared from the site. Amazon appears to no longer carry the oximeter.

Beware. There appear to be variants of the CMS50E being sold. They're not all the same. The software is sketchy and the manual is not very useful.

even if this is the replacement model, read the details here on bodgy 50f batches. at least they are honest, forthright, and self rectifying.

http://www.cpap-supply.com/CMS50F-Pulse ... cms50f.htm

NoLegs

Post by NoLegs » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:46 pm

FeelingBetter wrote:It seems that oximeters are a hot topic right now. I just bought the CMS 50E as my doctor has been doing frequent oximeter readings since I was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension and having edema. So long story short, I bought a CMS 50E so I could watch my own trends and quit being at the mercy of the DME plus waiting to get the results. I loaded the software and when I plug the cable in, it keeps saying the oximeter is not responding or unavailable. When I try to pull it up on my computer it doesn't even show up as a USB cable being plugged in. In addition, every time I now try to open the "new session" tab it locks up my computer and I have to restart.
HELP!!!

I just purchased a CMS60D and was having the same problem as you. I was getting message stating: "device connected: waiting for data" but nothing would happen after 1 hour I would give up. I contacted the company thinking the device was bad. While waiting for them to email me back I started searching the internet. I tried several different versions of the software. I found a version that worked great called "SPO2 Assistant Software". The company responded back later stating they would send me a link to an update version of the software. After I get the link I will post it here.

Here is the link to the software that worked:
http://www.pulseoxstore.com/Manuals-Downloads.html

Scroll down to:

"SPO2 Assistant Software Used for Windows XP and Vista Downloads V 1.0"

Download the software and install. There is a version of the software for Win7 and also a manual for the software.

Good luck,
Nolegs

payo_pkp

Re: CMS 60D connection

Post by payo_pkp » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:59 pm

If anyone has troubles connecting and making cms60 D connect to a computer here is the way for win 7 64bit. SHould work with other operation systems and cms models too.
first install the SPO2 Assistant software from the disk that came with the device. then UNINSTALL the Silicon labs cp210 driver like you are uninstalling a program (just search for the CP210...).
Download the cp210 USB to UART bridge driver from [silabs"dot"com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers"dot"aspx] replace "dot" with . in your browser... by clicking download to the one corresponding to your operation system (win 7, 8, or XP) and mind the version 32 or 64 bit! then double-click the file and extract to a folder of choice. go to that folder and install the 32 or 64 bit version of the driver depending on your operation system version. Start the SPO2 Assistant software. Click on connect (the first big button that looks like a cable connector RS232) then start the CMS60D device (the actual oxymeter). Be prepared to click on the PC taskbar the driver installation icon!!! you should be quick once you connect the device to the computer. Now, beeing prepared, connect the cable to a pc Usb port. When starts looking for the driver, click the icon, from the open window click on the text to skip obtaining driver form windows update!!! Wait until it finishes and then installing the driver that you have from silicon labs. When it says "ready to use" or something like that, close that window and click refresh in the SPO2 Assistant window (the connect to device sub-window still open) within 2-3 seconds you should see one device in the list. click on it and then press the button connect. That's it - done -working. Honestly. It took me 1 hour and I hope I save you (whoever you are) some time. Be healthy!!!

Rick007

Post by Rick007 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:09 pm

It is important to use the cable that came with your device, a standard USB cable will not work. Assuming you have already successfully recorded something into the memory of the CMS50E, this old post may help you extract the data onto your PC.

viewtopic/t75011/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=93 ... le#p863968