More Pressure + SPo2 = High Pulse?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Gazhacks

More Pressure + SPo2 = High Pulse?

Post by Gazhacks » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:16 am

This might sound a bit of a blonde moment but a few days ago I raised my preasure by 2cm. My AHI went down, which is good and that was it no other changers. Now jumping forward a few days last night My AHI is again below 5 (4.4) but now my pulse rate has gone up and so has my pulse events. If this is due to an increase in pressure why didnt it go up the night I made the changes instead of days later. Also due to a recent op, Ive been out of the gym for a few weeks.

My average Pulse rate has gone from 45-50 to over 60. I know this is still a good average pulse rate but I just wanted to check that an Increase in preasure will give me an increase in pulse rate? So I can surmise that when I raise my preasure again shortly I can safetly say that my pulse rate will go up again by a set amout.

4cm to 8 cm = +10bpm average

So then I could predict that if I go up again to 10cm that I should up my average around - .5bpm

8cm to 10cm = + .5bpm

Does this make sense or has my anal pressure just gone up 10 fold

LSAT

Re: More Pressure + SPo2 = High Pulse?

Post by LSAT » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:57 am

Gazhacks wrote:This might sound a bit of a blonde moment but a few days ago I raised my preasure by 2cm. My AHI went down, which is good and that was it no other changers. Now jumping forward a few days last night My AHI is again below 5 (4.4) but now my pulse rate has gone up and so has my pulse events. If this is due to an increase in pressure why didnt it go up the night I made the changes instead of days later. Also due to a recent op, Ive been out of the gym for a few weeks.

My average Pulse rate has gone from 45-50 to over 60. I know this is still a good average pulse rate but I just wanted to check that an Increase in preasure will give me an increase in pulse rate? So I can surmise that when I raise my preasure again shortly I can safetly say that my pulse rate will go up again by a set amout.

4cm to 8 cm = +10bpm average

So then I could predict that if I go up again to 10cm that I should up my average around - .5bpm

8cm to 10cm = + .5bpm

Does this make sense or has my anal pressure just gone up 10 fold
Sounds more like a 'bald' moment.......

Gazhacks

Post by Gazhacks » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:06 am

Oh right thats it, knock a man when he's stupid why dont you.

Think the pressures gone to my head

meagain

Post by meagain » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:51 am

My heart rate usually goes up in response to desats. Has the pressure increase caused leaks ? Still , your heart rate at 60 seems pretty good to me. Do your reports give any clue ? Sometimes restless sleep ( due to the increased pressure ? ) might cause an increase in heart rate. Do you really find it worrysome ?

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:33 am

Interesting...

Put your pressure back down and see if your pulse rate drops.

I am not aware of any direct correlation between pressure and pulse rate. You may have made a new discovery... Or, it may be related to something else that just happened to coincide with your pressure increase.

Have you checked your head lately...? Perhaps you had a hair growth spurt...

Gazhacks

Post by Gazhacks » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:19 am

I dont want to go back down I want to go higher! I am going from 8 to 10 cm and if Im correct my heart rate should go up.

As for my hair, is this a new craze, has word got out that Im bold, actually I shave it once a wekk cos I like it shiny