DeVilbiss/Card Error, Contact Provider

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
49er

DeVilbiss/Card Error, Contact Provider

Post by 49er » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:09 pm

I just took a nap and was hoping to get data out of this into Sleepyhead. When I inserted data card into machine, I received a "card error, contact provider" message.

Tried formatting the card and encountered the same problem.

Should I wait until I have a full night's data or do I need to head to Best Buy and get a data card? I am asking the question due to wondering if I am getting the error message due to not having enough data?

If this card is faulty, do I contact cpap.com, whom I bought everything from?

Thanks!

49er

Emilia

Re: DeVilbiss/Card Error, Contact Provider

Post by Emilia » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:38 pm

If you got that error message upon inserting it into the module, I'd say it is a faulty card.... OR it might be the module isn't attached properly. The module must be seated very firmly to the back of the machine. Check that first--it can be tricky to get that to attach firmly and properly. I would also wait until you have a full night's worth of data to collect. The machine is programmed to view a 24 hour window of data...noon to noon.

Wait until tomorrow morning.... insert the card into the module and see if that works. It should tell you in the LCD window that it is transferring data and when complete, it will tell you to remove the card and send to provider. That message is standard because, technically, that is what patients do...sends the card to be read by their clinician. You just need to send it to yourself

I think, what I would do....is unplug the machine and then replug it again to reboot it....do this before you go to bed tonight. In the morning, put the SD card into the module and collect the data. If you get another error message, you most likely have a bad card. You can buy a SanDisk SD card inexpensively and use that....it is what I use.

Yes, that blue eyed beauty is my cat! He is a seal point, bi-color Ragdoll. I adopted him in '08 from folks who could no longer care for him. He is a joy and makes me smile each and every day.

49er

Post by 49er » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:55 pm

Thanks Emilia.

I will follow your excellent advice.

49er

49er

Post by 49er » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:57 pm

""Wait until tomorrow morning.... insert the card into the module and see if that works. It should tell you in the LCD window that it is transferring data and when complete, it will tell you to remove the card and send to provider. That message is standard because, technically, that is what patients do...sends the card to be read by their clinician. You just need to send it to yourself ""

I forgot to mention that I got a good chuckle out of this.

49er

Cotay

Post by Cotay » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:11 pm

49er wrote:I just took a nap and was hoping to get data out of this into Sleepyhead. When I inserted data card into machine, I received a "card error, contact provider" message.

Tried formatting the card and encountered the same problem.

Should I wait until I have a full night's data or do I need to head to Best Buy and get a data card? I am asking the question due to wondering if I am getting the error message due to not having enough data?

If this card is faulty, do I contact cpap.com, whom I bought everything from?

Thanks!

49er
Also be sure to check that the "write protect" tab has not been set to prevent recording to the card.

49er

Post by 49er » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi Cotay,

Thanks for responding.

The yellow tab on the left is in the up position.

It looks like if you push it down, that locks the data card.

Is that what you are referring to?

49er

Cotay

Post by Cotay » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:39 pm

49er wrote:Hi Cotay,

Thanks for responding.

The yellow tab on the left is in the up position.

It looks like if you push it down, that locks the data card.

Is that what you are referring to?

49er
Yup...that's the one. Can you read the card in your card reader attached to your computer? If so, you may want to try reformatting the card again. Be sure to use FAT 16 as the formatting option.

49er

Post by 49er » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:00 pm

As an FYI, I called cpap.com this morning and I was advised that hitting the down arrow in the machine would override the error message. Worked like a charm.

49er

Emilia

Post by Emilia » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:07 pm

Oooo, cool...didn't know that little trick! Thanks for sharing

Yes, that blue eyed beauty is my cat! He is a seal point, bi-color Ragdoll. I adopted him in '08 from folks who could no longer care for him. He is a joy and makes me smile each and every day.

ems

Post by ems » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:03 pm

Hello, 49er. Isn't this just a bunch of fun??

Glad you got it worked out.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~