Superior "Warranty" Service

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Amigo

Superior "Warranty" Service

Post by Amigo » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:39 am

After 20 months, my PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP with A-Flex, purchased at CPAP.com in May, 2010, developed a "fatal" error in the humidification module. Even with the non-functioning humidifier module attached, however, the blower portion of the machine continued to function at the proper pressure. Unfortunately, I absolutely need the heated humidification or I cannot tolerate the therapy.

My first thought was to purchase a separate humidifier, however, I decided to write to CPAP.com and see what, if anything, they would do or suggest. In the meantime, I took out my M Series Auto CPAP machine, which was paid for by Medicare, and had already had its failed humidifier module(!) replaced free of charge by my durable medical equipment provider.

CPAP.com's response to my inquiry was to provide me with a return ticket number and address in Stafford, Texas where the machine should be sent. They received the device on January 30th, and so advised me by e-mail.

On February 8th, much to my amazement, I received a brand new machine with humidifier and carrying case. Everything was packaged in a Respironics box with all the appropriate electrical cords, manuals, hose and filters. This is clearly a new rather than reconditioned device. It is version number 2.51, and even has the lighted display, which my previous machine did not have.

Needless to say, I am extremely pleased.

NightMonkey

Re: Superior "Warranty" Service

Post by NightMonkey » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:53 am

NightMonkey
Blow my oropharynx!

the hairy, hairy gent who ran amok in Kent

Kiralynx

Re: Superior "Warranty" Service

Post by Kiralynx » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:43 pm

Very superior.

Beastie, 2008-10-28. NEW Beastie, PRS1 960, 2014-05-14. NEWER Beastie, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5