sleep study for home

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
noSLEEPforYOU

sleep study for home

Post by noSLEEPforYOU » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:02 pm

I have been on the hose for two weeks now and I am more exhausted than before Cpap. I feel like I am dragging around a ton of bricks. The machine seems to be working, as far as keeping my airway open, but I don't feel like I am getting any sleep at all. Before cpap I would fall asleep at lunch and when I got home, now I don't get any sleep.
Before I found out that I had sleep apnea I was trying to figure out why I was so tired. I had my B12 tested and it was extraordinary low. I had my T levels tested again the results were very low. I am taking B12 and Testosterone treatment. The doctor says that sleep can affect the levels of both and I should get tested again in a month.
There has to be more to it than that.
What kind of doctor should I see to try to get to the bottom of this. My primary is a joke and I desperately want to get back to my life.

pickuptruck

Re: sleep study for home

Post by pickuptruck » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:55 pm

What are your numbers? You may be on the machine, but it may need adustments.

fiberfan

Post by fiberfan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:41 am

What is the machine reporting for AHI? If your AHI is higher than 5, I would talk to to your doctor. I would also download Sleepyhead or ResScan (find link in Uncle Bob's signature line) and look at your data. There are 2 important things to check. The first is your leak rate - ResMed machines report unintentional leak and ResMed says leaks above 24 will impact therapy quality. The leak data shown on the display of the S9 machines is not adequate, imho.

m1k2s3

Post by m1k2s3 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:26 am

It's important to make sure you have the right machine settings and mask for you. I would check with to see if you can have a follow up slep study - just to check and see if the settings are correct.

I think what your experiencing is normal. Your body is adjusting to a new sleep pattern. You've spent your entire life sleeping one way, now you've changed it. Your body needs time to adjust to these changes. Give it some more time.