Devilbiss 9000D won't work

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
deeagle

Devilbiss 9000D won't work

Post by deeagle » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi!
My CPAP machine has been in storage for two years. I finally unpacked it and tried to use it, but it will not turn on. Do CPAP machines go bad? I have no insurance and it will be difficult to replace this machine. Any ideas?

NYcpap

Re: Devilbiss 9000D won't work

Post by NYcpap » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:51 pm

I once read a review on this machine where it was mentioned that the power plug could easily come loose from the back of the machine. You may want to check to be sure it is in snugly.

Emilia

Post by Emilia » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:40 pm

There was one of these on cpapauction the other day for $45. No bids and it didn't sell.... you might see if you can get in touch with the person selling it. It is a very old machine.... The newest DeVilbiss Intellipap AutoSet is about $440 complete out the door..... if that is in your budget, you might be better going for a new one. Getting your family doc or even your dentist to write a general Rx for cpap/apap for you will open up buying online.

Here is the closed auction page: http://www.cpapauction.com/auction-list ... nit--.html

Yes, that blue eyed beauty is my cat! He is a seal point, bi-color Ragdoll. I adopted him in '08 from folks who could no longer care for him. He is a joy and makes me smile each and every day.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:53 pm

deeagle wrote:Hi!
My CPAP machine has been in storage for two years. I finally unpacked it and tried to use it, but it will not turn on. Do CPAP machines go bad? I have no insurance and it will be difficult to replace this machine. Any ideas?
Yes anything can go bad anytime, even just sitting around. The more important thing, what have you been using for treatment the last two years? Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire