Data "Skew" on S9 Series

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tschultz

Re: Data "Skew" on S9 Series

Post by tschultz » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:10 pm

Breathe Jimbo wrote:The so-called "data skew bug" appears to be absent in the current alpha of SleepyHeadQT. Mark was very busy overnight. When I loaded my S9 Elite data this morning (the first time!), from an SD card that has not been reformatted in about a month, my events from last night (albeit only 3) were PERFECTLY aligned with my flow rate.

If you want to try the current alpha, you will need to install QT 4.7.3 (I did so using MacPorts) and build from source. We could use some testers who have more events, snores, etc.

If anyone is wanting to install Qt, especially on the Mac, it is much cleaner to use the installer directly from Nokia;
http://qt.nokia.com/downloads

The MacPorts can tend to be a bit finicky when things get updated from time to time. All of Qt can be installed natively with no Mac/Linux porting required. The built-in updater also works well allowing updates to be easily handled.

Adjusting to life with OSA and being pressurized each night ...

Lizistired

Re: Data "Skew" on S9 Series

Post by Lizistired » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:24 am

Just an observation on skew.
I haven't seen the skew in quite awhile. I haven't wiped the card in about 3 months. It popped up again this week but for only 2 nights.
On those nights I had put the mask on and had not turned on the machine to let it "Read SD Card". So I was breathing through the mask while it was doing this. It appeared to record flow data for that time.
Last night I let it read the card before I put the mask on and there is no skew for the night.