Has anyone used the GoalZero Escape 150 battery?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sam1234

Has anyone used the GoalZero Escape 150 battery?

Post by sam1234 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Hi,
It's been a while since I have been on this forum.

I just purchased a GoalZero Escape 150 batteryhttp://www.goalzero.com/shop/p/16/Escap ... -Pack/2:2/. It claims to be good for use with CPAP machines.

I guess I will find out, as I charged it today and will try it with a resmed dc converter tonight. It does have a built in inverter, but they provide little if no specs on it.

sam1234

Re: Has anyone used the GoalZero Escape 150 battery?

Post by sam1234 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:16 am

Tried it last night. It looks as if I will be able to get 10+ hours of running time from one charge, with my resmed S8 Autoset and DC 12 converter.

I am intending to charge it from the power outlet on my motorcycle. Charge time is supposed to be 5 hours. It doesn't seem to be a bad deal as I got the battery at Costco for $129 and it is water resitant, doesn't need a battery box, has built in charger, inverter, usb port to charge phone and other devices. I also purchased an LED light (also a goalzero product) that plugs into the usb port for under $10 that should provide enough light in the tent and draws very little from the battery.

It is an AGM battery that is rated from 500 to 1000 charging cycles. I am also going to keep it by my bed throughout the year in case of blackouts. The runtime will get me through the night and if the downtime is extended. I can charge it in the car while running errands, etc.

Sparky223

Post by Sparky223 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:07 pm

I wish I could afford that Expedition kit. How long will it last if using the humidifier. I am still trying to figure this out. The air is dry here.

sam1234

Post by sam1234 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:52 pm

As said through many threads, the humidifier uses more energy than the cpap/apap. I do think they have a larger unit that might meet your needs. You will have to go to their link for products. It also depends on your unit and settings as far as power consumption.

What attracted me to this product was that on the sign they mentioned cpap use. I would consider one of the solar panels (at the show it was $95 for a panel that generated 15w), but do not really have a good way to use them as the charging will have to take place as I ride on my motorcycle.

I am not really much of a camper. I find a site, set up for the night, sleep, and then in the morning pack up and go.... Not much time for solar power to provide charging.