SleepyHead: Updated Version 0.7-4229 Alpha

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Breathe Jimbo

Re: SleepyHead: Updated Version 0.7-3070 Alpha

Post by Breathe Jimbo » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:32 pm

tschultz wrote:best to actually build wxWidgets from scratch rather than using the MacPorts versions.
The build that you made available does start on my computer (with a couple of error messages about bitmaps, IIRC), so it does work.

When you built wxWidgets from scratch, did it replace the older version that OS X had installed by default? Or did it create the new version in a different location?

Breathe Jimbo

Post by Breathe Jimbo » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Last edited by Breathe Jimbo on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tschultz

Post by tschultz » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:11 pm

Breathe Jimbo wrote:
tschultz wrote:best to actually build wxWidgets from scratch rather than using the MacPorts versions.
The build that you made available does start on my computer (with a couple of error messages about bitmaps, IIRC), so it does work.

When you built wxWidgets from scratch, did it replace the older version that OS X had installed by default? Or did it create the new version in a different location?
When I built wxWidgets I did NOT install. In my case I actually have both release and debug builds of 5 different wxWidget versions that I use for development and testing.
It is generally not a good idea to install third-party libs into the OSX system and this step is not needed to support the project build and/or execution when built.
Please note also, and as I indicated earlier, that there are some details in the wxWidgets build instructions that are confusing and incorrect or misleading in some cases which complicates things in the end.

The bitmap warnings you are seeing when running the application are on my list of things that need to be resolved.
For now things behave well enough if you just respond with NO to stopping the application for the two bitmap warnings. A cleaner build will be made available when time permits and hopefully with many of the OSX related issues resolved.

Adjusting to life with OSA and being pressurized each night ...

jedimark

Re: SleepyHead: Updated Version 0.7-2986 Alpha

Post by jedimark » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:12 pm

GumbyCT wrote:
jedimark wrote:At the moment, the Linux platform is much easier to set up a build environment on. Windows and Mac, not so much, so we provide binaries for testers. Please use these in the meantime if your not a build guru yet..
Perhaps it would work better to have separate threads for different platforms? So people don't have to hunt n peck.

Should I submit it on soucreforge?
Good idea.. Build issues probably best served on source forge.. This thread was meant for annoucements and general help, and ideas for improvements..

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:16 pm

Breathe Jimbo wrote:
jedimark wrote:Unfortunately it has no timestamps
If people start and stop their two devices at roughly the same time (i.e. within 2-3 seconds of each other), wouldn't syncing of the starts and ends of the data give a pretty reliable sync? After all, the recording rates should be constant between the starts and ends.
That is possible, but the problem is contec device has no idea what time is starts. Could theoretically add CPAP's start time to the oximeter stuff if the session length is simillar..

It's just not a clean solution.. Decent time synching requires accuracy down to the second, and a known CPAP machine clock (which is impossible on PRS1 without a bit of manual stuffing around)
Even zeo's 30 second granularity causes a lot of problems.

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:18 pm

Breathe Jimbo wrote:Deleted the MacPorts version and installed wxWidgets 2.8.12 from scratch.

imac-2:wxMac-2.8.12 Jimbo$ wx-config --version
imac-2:wxMac-2.8.12 Jimbo$ sudo make install
Password:
make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.
imac-2:wxMac-2.8.12 Jimbo$ wc-config --cxxflags
-bash: wc-config: command not found

I give up!
JIMBO: JUST NOT IN THIS THREAD. PLEASE!!!!

Please let us use this thread for what it was intended for.

Start your own and we will help you if we can find time.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:19 pm

CMS50 Support (Well, at least the data from the windows version that makes .spoR files)

An evil little 32bit bug spoiled my fun yesterday.. It's dead now. (So's a lot of my cranky, which I'm sure Jimbo will appreciate.. I dropped my High down a notch from 10 to 9, and I feel a bit better today)

Nearly ready for another windows build.. Just needs a little more testing.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:02 am

Sorry if this has been dealt with but I am wondering how you got the cpap and oximeter data in the same report?

Maybe that's in the future and you are working on it but wondered.

By the way, I am really liking Sleepyhead! It matches the data from my Encore Viewer 2 and gives me the wave forms that Encore Viewer does not show. It's great! I could never get Onkor to work for me but Sleepyhead is very user friendly to me.

Sorry Onkor developers but I am not very computer literate!

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:36 am

Hawthorne wrote:Sorry if this has been dealt with but I am wondering how you got the cpap and oximeter data in the same report?
Each 'day' record in sleepyhead can have multiple machine 'day' records attached to it, (only one of each type.. Eg, one cpap machine, one oximeter, one sleep stage machine (like Zeo), one general "pretend" machine object holding notes, your weight, etc..)

Each machine can have an unlimited number of sessions for each day that has data available. (Eg, you can push on/off all night on your cpap machine if you want to.)

When you click on a day, it looks up what machine records are available, and renders content based on what sessions each "machine" has available. No Oximeter data that day? Doesn't bother presenting it.

Sleepyhead models machines as a very generic object, using several subtypes (CPAP,OXIMETER,SLEEPSTAGE,GENERAL at the moment). Each machine subtype can be specialized with their own custom "channels".. (Eg, PRS1 has some fields ResMed S9 doesn't and vice versa, but both are of type CPAP.. they share what's common where possible)

In the source code version, you can now import CMS50 data the same way as importing PRS1 data.. just point the Import Dialog at the SPO2 directory. Anything new gets loaded.
(I'm not entirely sure how many different data formats exist for the CMS50 models. I'm hoping not too many. It specifically supports the version of CMS50 software with .spoR files)

The data CMS50's record doesn't store a start time of a recording.. Meaning it can't (reliably) be linked to the CPAP graphs, which do have a start time. So right now, they just display and work in their own little world.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:43 am

Thanks! I will have to give it a try!

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:55 am

Hawthorne wrote:Thanks! I will have to give it a try!
I do mean the source code (git repository).. Not the builds yet

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:52 am

I'm not sure what that means but I think it means I have to wait a bit to get the oximeter data! Thanks!

rosacer

Post by rosacer » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:35 am

WOW, this is the first time I open SleepyHead, I said WOW and WOW.

Thanks jedimark and Troy, this is really good. Have you thought at the possibility to make a cursor as Resscan has (the vertical line we can move) to analyze an event on all the graph at the same time?

Bravo, it's good, good , good. You don't have sleep apnea you are teasing us

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:46 am

rosacer wrote:WOW, this is the first time I open SleepyHead, I said WOW and WOW.

Thanks jedimark and Troy, this is really good. Have you thought at the possibility to make a cursor as Resscan has (the vertical line we can move) to analyze an event on all the graph at the same time?

Bravo, it's good, good , good. You don't have sleep apnea you are teasing us
Lol.. I wish I didn't have OSA.. I'm cloudy as all hell.. :-p

Could you perhaps get us a screenshot of what your talking about in ResScan? never seen it.. (apart from passing screenshots.. I mean nothing stands out in my memory)

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:50 am

Sleepyhead is a great program and I would not guess that the developer was "cloudy as all hell" at all!