OT: We Need To Check The Health Care Bill About This

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Slinky

OT: We Need To Check The Health Care Bill About This

Post by Slinky » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:00 pm

I haven't checked Snopes yet, despite the reference to Snopes. But thought Roster Rooster would enjoy this one.
By the way, this is buried in the HEALTH CARE BILL, which, as you know, was recently PASSED!

ObamaCare Flatlines: ObamaCare Taxes Home Sales - Clobbers Middle-Class Americans - Blog - GOP.gov
How about 3.8 % sales tax on the sale of property?

I (the original write) called Sherrod Brown, who is (ugh!) my Senate Representative, whose aide knew exactly what I was talking about, so forget Snopes search.

Question: Is this perhaps why banks are not lending on homes sales currently? Waiting for 2012 for this boondoggle for the government?? Was that part of the bailout? Do the math. It's a no-brainer.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

paulw

Re: OT: We Need To Check The Health Care Bill About This

Post by paulw » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:10 pm

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Thank you, PaulW. I can live w/that. That particular item sure won't ever pertain to me in my lifetime!

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

islandboy5150

Post by islandboy5150 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:44 pm

Slinky, just wait until congress adjusts the existing tax code to eliminate the exemption of the first 250,000 (single) or 500,000 (married filing jointly) and reduces the income threshold down to 65k. It's in the works already. And, if one happens to live in the sate of California, Jerry Brown is doing his damn best to take the tax advantage out of prop 13 too. So, Californians will be doubly screwed. A person may as well have a prestigious law firm sell your house for them, at least the money will go to a private entity and not to the government. BTW, don't count on making anything but jingle change on it (that's assuming you have any equity left after Barney Frank has had his way now.)

kempo

Post by kempo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:57 pm

Slinky wrote:Thank you, PaulW. I can live w/that. That particular item sure won't ever pertain to me in my lifetime!
Me either, but it could effect my kids and grand children. My first house cost me $21,000 35 years ago. The tax accessor claims it's worth $175,000 now. Do the math on another 35 years.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:21 pm

Yep, we built a HOME ourselves 1968-1970. We didn't intend it as a house and investment, our intent then and now is our HOME to live here until we croak. Despite we've taken excellent care of our HOME, its the 10 acres it sits on that has gained most in value.

Ironically, because we built it ourselves we built a little more home than we would have been able to had we had it built. Since we were the first to build in the area, we ended up setting the tone for the "neighborhood". *sigh* We could conceivably be forced out by property taxes. We foolishly (as it turns out) screwed ourselves by not positioning the house in a manner that would allow cutting the house on a lot off from the rest of the acreage. On the other hand, that would have put us closer to neighbors than we wanted to be.

Most interestingly, altho property values supposedly have dropped in our area, our property taxes have gone up the last two years just as they have been since we built. *sigh* Even when we Michiganders foolishly approved an addtional 2% on our sales tax in return for lowering (?) our property taxes, we didn't see our property taxes go down or stay down. Those politicians sure do know how to con us taxpayers!!!

islandboy5150

Post by islandboy5150 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:38 pm

Never, ever, ever, believe anything a politician ever tells you. They only want to trick you into believing enough of their crap to get your support for whatever it is they are pushing. They are no different than a used car salesman using high pressure sales tactics. Do you really think that a politician that approaches you with an idea of any kind is going to do it for YOUR benefit? Oh sure, that's what they will tell you...But for damn sure, they wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't paying off for them first! In fact, I am convinced that some of them are actually mentally incompetent. It's either that, or they really want to see the USA as we knew it go down in flames. Or, maybe both are true.

Amigo

Post by Amigo » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:18 am

islandboy5150 wrote:Never, ever, ever, believe anything a politician ever tells you. They only want to trick you into believing enough of their crap to get your support for whatever it is they are pushing. They are no different than a used car salesman using high pressure sales tactics. Do you really think that a politician that approaches you with an idea of any kind is going to do it for YOUR benefit? Oh sure, that's what they will tell you...But for damn sure, they wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't paying off for them first! In fact, I am convinced that some of them are actually mentally incompetent. It's either that, or they really want to see the USA as we knew it go down in flames. Or, maybe both are true.
And yet, the equally "mentally incompetent" keep voting them into office.

Sorry, you reap what you sow.

islandboy5150

Post by islandboy5150 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:32 am

Yes, voters get the government they deserve, don't they. Unfortunately the rest of Americans get screwed by their stupidity. Harry Reid, Barney Frank, Susan Collins, Maxine Waters, Barak Obama....need I go on? Why do people vote these types in, over and over?

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:37 am

Hells belles, if we bucketed the whole bunch, it wouldn't make any difference. There are far too many power-hungry, greedy, con men in politics. No person w/honesty, integrity and intelligence would be willing to run for political office.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Government is like a two headed snake, both heads bite, the only answer is to cut off both heads. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:45 pm

riddle:
Q----How can you tell a politician is lying?
A----His lips are moving.