Problem with comfort gel mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gulfpearl

Problem with comfort gel mask

Post by gulfpearl » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:28 am

I have been on cpap therapy for 3 months now every thing was going fine until this week.I am beginning to have some of my pre-cpap symptoms back. I notice that there is a whistling sound and air leaking from the plastic elbow joint abvove where the hose connects to the mask.Is there a vent there I never noticed before , or is my mask leaking there. I already tried to contact my resp. therapist ,but he is not available until Tuesday morning,so any advise will be appreciated.

NNJHoser

Re: Problem with comfort gel mask

Post by NNJHoser » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:46 am

I'm a newbie on the same mask, and I can say that the exhalation port is in the spot you describe, but it is supposed to be (nearly) silent.
gulfpearl wrote: I notice that there is a whistling sound and air leaking from the plastic elbow joint abvove where the hose connects to the mask. Is there a vent there I never noticed before , or is my mask leaking there.

macoil2

gel mask

Post by macoil2 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:54 pm

I am on my second comfort gel. I believe you are hearing your own exhalation through the port

I have never had a problem with the mask.
Know ye the road to the merciful town That is hard by the Sea of Dreams
But we wakeful;ah,pity us!