Mirage Liberty issue

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
matheson

Mirage Liberty issue

Post by matheson » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:13 am

I was having severe "cold" symptoms from the day that I added oxygen to my CPAP on a daily basis. KimberlyM (member in this group) suggested that I use a different mask. I was on the Nasal Pillows mask with a pressure of 11. I have now changed to the Mirage Liberty mask and all the "cold" symptoms are gone!!! I do a lot of night time reading therefore I had to have a mask that I could still wear my glasses and the Mirage Liberty fit the bill. The only issue that I am having is the area right under my nostrils is a little sore. I can deal with a little sore MUCH better than the "cold" symptoms, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to do? I've tried loosening and tightening and that does not work. I hate to sound picky but if I could get this issue resolved then CPAP life would be just about perfect and as everyone on this site knows, that means a lot. Thanks for any advice.

DannyPh

Re: Mirage Liberty issue

Post by DannyPh » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:23 pm

I also use the Swift II nasal pillows and have the Mirage Liberty as a back up for when Illness comes around and I found that a little Ayr Gel in the Nares helps with the soreness but the soreness will subside the more you use the Liberty. Glad to hear the Cold is better. Hang in there. Merry Christmas.

KimberlyM

Post by KimberlyM » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:33 pm

Others on here use Lansinoh (http://www.lansinoh.com/products/hpa-lanolin). They say it helps the nasal pillows seal and soothes the sore spots on the nostrils. If the sore spot is actually below the nose, you might try moleskin pads by Dr. Scholls. You can cut it to fit. Both of these tips I've read on this forum and another, but I haven't tried either. I hope this helps!

Last edited by KimberlyM on Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bilnap

Post by bilnap » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:54 pm

There is a gel strip that is normally used for the bridge of the nose. You could trim off the tab and use that on your upper lip. I have used on the bridge of my nose and it solved the problem when I was using the Liberty