AIs =/= leaks

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
allend

AIs =/= leaks

Post by allend » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:02 pm

Last night I slept 8.5 hours, had AIs of 8.6, HI of 19.5 and AHIs of 28.1. This is with he vpap auto 25 and the FP Forma mask (L). I did get up a few times and I don't feel wrecked because of the number of hours but I don't have that great oxygenated feel of a great night's sleep. How could I with an AHI over 28. <=== This was from 2 nights ago

Last night I switched backed to the Activa, rinsed with a waterpik, taped my mouth and used a chin strap and although mych better than the night before, not great. AIs were 1.6 but HIs were 10.7 for a 12.3 AHI. So do we know how good our machines are at adjusting pressure? In the next posting I am posting my sleep study from 2006 which I just saw for the first time yesterday, pretty stupid of me.

dtsm

Re: AIs =/= leaks

Post by dtsm » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:49 pm

Two thoughts, albeit I have no experience with bibap units:

1. you don't show leak data, that will influence your Ahi, ai and hi numbers.
2. on ResMed cpap/apap machines, i don't pay a lot of attention to total ahi and hi, only ai

Your second set of numbers aren't bad, if we had the leak line data, probably could provide some guidance?

allend

Re: AIs =/= leaks

Post by allend » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:23 pm

dtsm wrote:Two thoughts, albeit I have no experience with bibap units:

1. you don't show leak data, that will influence your Ahi, ai and hi numbers.
2. on ResMed cpap/apap machines, i don't pay a lot of attention to total ahi and hi, only ai

Your second set of numbers aren't bad, if we had the leak line data, probably could provide some guidance?

0, 2.4 and 18 is the leak data, for median, 95% and max, respectively. Well, you can't afford to ignore the HIs if you are tired all the time. What if it is the way the Resmeds work that cause too many HIs?