Resmed strikes again

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Stormynights

Re: Resmed strikes again

Post by Stormynights » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:16 pm

What is a good title for such a thread? I think maybe another forum member might be able to do a better job than I can. This is the only way I know that we can fight back other than to just stop buying from them. This way we can have what we need without buying from them.

kf10

Post by kf10 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:05 pm

You don't need to list your equipment to help over users. If someone need help they can ask specified questions.

Physician

Post by Physician » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:35 am

JeffH wrote:Don't know if this has been talked about, but I bid on a Swift FX mask on cpapauction site and it got canceled. When I wrote to the site to ask why I got this reply...

Greetings,

I am sorry the auction you bid on was terminated, however Resmed - the manufacturer of this mask, has implemented a new policy.

Resmed has prohibited us from accepting auctions for its product on CPAPAuction at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience and would absolutely accept your listing were we able to. We will keep you updated should anything about Resmed's policy change.

Sincerely,
CPAPAuction

JeffH

NEARBY THREAD: viewtopic/t55142/Resmed-Not-Allowed-on-cpapauction.html

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:07 am

In the past "they've" used Mask Roulette as a Subject line for mask exchanges. You do NOT want to mention manufacturer names when listing masks you would like to exchange or trade.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

echo

Post by echo » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:36 am

chunkyfrog wrote:you are probably right--can we turn off the links?
Put your equipment in your signature instead. See mine below as an example. It's in the same place in the User Control Panel - Profile or something like that... It also updates all your posts when yup update the sig.
PR System One APAP, 10cm
Activa nasal mask + mouth taping w/ 3M micropore tape + Pap-cap + PADACHEEK + Pur-sleep
Hosehead since 31 July 2007, yippie!

mcdad

Post by mcdad » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:42 am

Maybe the point was missed on listing equipment.

When someone ask a question and they don't list their equipment, you have to go back and forth to get answers that can already be listed.

And I hope if CPAP.com does take RESMED off then auction the link will go dead, even better have a letter from RESMED stating how they screwed everyone.

If that is the case that would be better advertising against RESMED.

Sillyme

Post by Sillyme » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:48 am

When I tried to upgrade my machine yesterday I was told they didn't carry anything that has the features I want (feedback and pressure relief on exhale). This tells me that almost all patients just take what they are given. Even so, I would imagine that a lot of people go online for support or answers and this is the first forum I found. We need to make sure the thread is used often enough to remain near the top so it will be seen. When I get a new machine (I'm just going to return this one) it won't be a Res Med. Even if it won't make much difference to them, I still will feel better about it personally. Think about all the people who don't have insurance to pay the inflated prices.
What!!? Wylie was trying to eat me.
Any time spent being unhappy is wasted.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:39 am

Reading these threads about ResMed has made me appreciate the fact that my DME prefers Respironics. There have been times I've read here about how happy people have been with the ResMed equipment and I was almost jealous because I've always had Respironics.

Now I'm really glad about it. I hate companies that do stuff like this.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:24 am

MY DME stocks only ResMed--but my insurance works with their competitor across town (Apria, nice folks)
Hmmm. . .
Hubby's ready for his titration--through with his denial phase (he says)
I told him if I had to wake up next to his dead body, it would probably kill me, too!
Speaking of dead bodies--how is ResMed stock doing?
If they have that much power over Cpapauction.com, what does this say for the future of this forum?
Some folks really WILL cut off their nose to spite their face.
Been nice knowing you folks.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:27 am

The last time I checked Resmed stock has been doing just fine. And I have to say their timing has been great for me. Twice I had a little extra cash and was going to buy some Resmed stock - and voila! - Resmed managed to come up w/some asinine and insulting reason for me to change my mind and put that little extra cash elsewhere. Not that they miss the little I had to invest but .... does make me glad at the time that I put my paltry cash somewhere else.

So much for the "To Bed w/Resmed" theory.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Amigo

Post by Amigo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:25 am

Sillyme wrote:When I tried to upgrade my machine yesterday I was told they didn't carry anything that has the features I want (feedback and pressure relief on exhale). This tells me that almost all patients just take what they are given....
DME providers and insurance companies who are only interested in their profit margins are largely responsible for the abysmal compliance rates for sleep apnea therapy.

Scary thoughts as I drive down a two-lane road wondering if the car coming in the other direction has someone sleep-deprived at the wheel.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:01 pm

I'm due a new machine in about 15 months. If my S9 was is still blowing good AHIs my way i was just going to carry on using it and not replace it. I have an S8 for backup.

Now Resmed have changed the game i need to decide what to do. My company is self insured, that is Blue Cross just administer the plan but its my company that assumes the risk and pays all the claims. Each of us has a responsibility to keeps claims to a minimum in order to keep our plan costs down.

Do i want to show Resmed how I feel and get a Respironics or other machine in 15 months on my insurance?

OR

Just suck it up from Resmed and stay with whats working?

Mmm What to do???? At least i have a while to decide

roster

Post by roster » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:18 pm

Ultimately you should make the best decision for yourself, regardless of any enmity toward ResMed.

Anyway, deep at the root of the problem is government regulation, not ResMed. If there were no government requirements for prescriptions, used equipment would be readily sold on Ebay and cpapauction.com would likely have never existed.

The stupid irony to this is with a flourishing market in used equipment, the manufacturers would sell more new machines. Somebody at ResMed needs to undertake some very basic study of markets and economics.

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

kempo

Post by kempo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:57 pm

Its called crony capitalism. Why should I or anyone else have to have a prescription to buy a mask? I mean who the hell else would want to buy a cpap mask if they didn't already use a cpap? Why would our government make it so? Because the medical equipment industry makes generous political contributions to the politicians in power.

roster

Post by roster » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:14 pm

kempo wrote:Its called crony capitalism.

Exactly.

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related