First follow up visit
-
Bleddin
First follow up visit
I was diagnosed with severe OSA in February and have been using a bipap religiously since then and have definitely been sleeping better and my wife is no longer distrubed by my snoring and interrupted breathing. I was never contacted again by the doctor who prescribed the mahine, and so called to schedule a follow up appointment. I want to make sure that I cover everything I should with the doctor on this visit. What do you suggest I bring and ask?
Re: First follow up visit
Six months later..... Has your DME looked at your data to be sure your pressure and events are OK? If you've had NO follow-up by DME or Doctor, you probably want to provide s/he with the data card from your machine if there is one. You might want to bring the machine in if you don't have access to the data so the doctor can put it into clinician mode to get that info.
It would help here if you first register on the forum and then by going to the User Control Panel (above left) you will be able to fill in your profile and list your equipment for us to see. Those who have the same equipment can best advise you how to handle the data.
I am glad to hear you are sleeping well! Please keep us posted on your progress. You will find that this forum will provide you a wonderful place for help, advice, and support.
It would help here if you first register on the forum and then by going to the User Control Panel (above left) you will be able to fill in your profile and list your equipment for us to see. Those who have the same equipment can best advise you how to handle the data.
I am glad to hear you are sleeping well! Please keep us posted on your progress. You will find that this forum will provide you a wonderful place for help, advice, and support.
Yes, that blue eyed beauty is my cat! He is a seal point, bi-color Ragdoll. I adopted him in '08 from folks who could no longer care for him. He is a joy and makes me smile each and every day.
-
brazospearl
- Posts: 704
- Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:51 pm
Re: First follow up visit
If you have data, you need to take it with you, either graphs or the data card itself. Without data, the doctor won't be able to determine how well your therapy is progressing. Please register and let us see what equipment you're using. It's great that you're feeling better!
_________________
| Machine: AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier |
| Mask: ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear |
Re: First follow up visit
I have registered on the site and included the equipment information as requested. To clarify, the DME made one visit since the machine was prescribed, but she knew less about how it worked than I did and was merely making a visit to drop off new filters and hoses, and to give me another mask to try. My pressure is set at 11/9.
-
brazospearl
- Posts: 704
- Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:51 pm
Re: First follow up visit
Brian, have you checked your data to see how your numbers are doing? You can analyze your data as well as the doctor can. I also haven't seen the doctor since I started cpap, but don't see any reason to go since things are going well.
_________________
| Machine: AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier |
| Mask: ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear |
Re: First follow up visit
Leak rate -- 34.9
AHI -- 3.7
7 day average usage per night -- 6.3 hours
How do these numbers sound?
AHI -- 3.7
7 day average usage per night -- 6.3 hours
How do these numbers sound?
-
brazospearl
- Posts: 704
- Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:51 pm
Re: First follow up visit
Brian, your AHI is pretty good. To find your actual leak rate, you need to know the rate for your mask style on that machine, then subtract that from your 34.9. Do you have the software for detailed information? Why do you think you need to see the doctor?
_________________
| Machine: AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier |
| Mask: ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear |
Re: First follow up visit
I don't have the software so can't analyze the leak rate.
I scheduled an appointment because it seemed to me that the doctor should do something to check that the initial settings he selected are correct. I never had a "titration" as I couldn't tolerate the cpap machine when they tried it during my sleep study.
I scheduled an appointment because it seemed to me that the doctor should do something to check that the initial settings he selected are correct. I never had a "titration" as I couldn't tolerate the cpap machine when they tried it during my sleep study.
-
brazospearl
- Posts: 704
- Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:51 pm
Re: First follow up visit
Yikes! With no titration, it sounds like your doctor really dropped the ball here. In any case, having the software would enable you to check your data yourself.
_________________
| Machine: AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier |
| Mask: ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear |
